Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

CindyA 03-05-2012 01:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317393[/ATTACH]I know my seam allowance is a little short on that bottom edge. I'll watch that when I start assembling the rows. This one took a long time but I was sure glad to have the thinner thread in the machine with those tiny seams. I've prepped the applique block and will work on it while I watch t.v. after work this week. Love everyone else's blocks from this week.

echoemb 03-05-2012 04:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my blocks for this week. I think I'm going to redo my A11 its a bit wonky after I figured out how to do it. Did not do Y seams.

QuiltnNan 03-05-2012 06:57 AM

CindyA and echoemb, your blocks look great.
echoemb, is that reverse applique? did you trim back the seam allowances or sew them at that depth? they look so narrow.

echoemb 03-05-2012 08:56 AM

yes, it is reverse, probably the first one I did. I trimmed them after I sewed them. I'm still not happy with that one as my other ones are getting better as I've never done reverse applique before.

QuiltnNan 03-05-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb (Post 5033232)
yes, it is reverse, probably the first one I did. I trimmed them after I sewed them. I'm still not happy with that one as my other ones are getting better as I've never done reverse applique before.

thanks for the reply. this is another technique i'll have to learn, i guess. but not this time :)

ann clare 03-05-2012 01:14 PM

Week 8

1 Attachment(s)
Posting my blocks for this week.[ATTACH=CONFIG]317571[/ATTACH]

spartan quilter 03-05-2012 03:58 PM

CindyA~~Love the graduating colors in your blocks. That is an awesome idea, I may borrow it.

echoemb~~great job on your blocks, and the reverse applique, looks great

aneal~~love your colors, especially the A9

ann clare~~just love the boldness of your blocks, especially the A9

And to any I missed, a lot I am sure, I am just loving all the colors that are being used, can't wait to see all the finished tops. Wow, it will be awesome.

xsquilter 03-05-2012 07:30 PM

Yaaaaaay for me! I did 3 blocks today.....so where does that put me? about 5 wks behind?! No matter, I'm now getting into the swing of it. I was too tuckered out to post pictures but I will try tomorrow.
Everyone is doing great work here. I love all the variations.....isn't it just great eye candy?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maureen

Anael 03-06-2012 01:50 AM

Lovely blocks ann clare, I love the batiks you used!

xsquilter, congrats on the 3 blocks :D Looking forward to pictures!

Fabric Galore 03-06-2012 06:02 PM

I finished the first 6 weeks

4 Attachment(s)
I finally went to the glass shop and I got my triangle cut from plexiglass. I notice that the blocks I paper pieced are larger than the blocks I made with templates. I used my 1/4" foot and was very careful with the seam allowance but I still had to remake about 5 of my blocks.
This is a picture of Row A:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317877[/ATTACH]

This is a picture of my first 6 weeks:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317876[/ATTACH]

This is Row B

[ATTACH=CONFIG]317878[/ATTACH]

This is Row C
[ATTACH=CONFIG]317879[/ATTACH]