Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   2012-2013 Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Party Pictures and Discussion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/2012-2013-dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-party-pictures-discussion-t175669.html)

mim 03-16-2012 11:01 AM

I'm going to be travelling again to Maine and then the summer will be full of outdoor yard and field work so I wanted to get as far ahead as I could so I wouldn't get too far behind.

I'm already planning which trees must be taken down and buying a battery powered hedge trimmer to keep the goldenrod and other "weeds" under control beside the roadway. Great exercise!!!

Fabric Galore 03-16-2012 03:46 PM

Great blocks Hexnut, Aneal, and Mim. I'm still drooling over the blocks that others are making. I was tied up for most of today with our church's centennial quilt committee. I keep praying that June will be a quiet month and I can get caught up.

TymeToShine 03-16-2012 04:13 PM

Hexnut---your blocks continue to amaze me with being all EPP. I agree...when I grow up I want my blocks to be like yours!
Aneal...love the colors in your blocks...very pretty!...beautiful job on them too.
Mim...I admire all the blocks you have gotten done so far.

I am like Gus, right now...still have 2 more blocks to get done for this week.

Getting ready for a week of woodcarving this coming week as I have signed up for a carving round-up which fortunately for me is only an hour away. Most of the people attending will be flying in and staying in a motel. Guess I will continue to be a bit behind in my DJ between that and all the outside work I have been doing (and maybe if I did not spend so much time drooling over everyone elses blocks....) tee hee...

spartan quilter 03-17-2012 05:35 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I just realized that I hadn't posted my blocks for last weekend, so here they are. And when you look at them, just remember that my blocks are holding a competition for the wonkiest block. Not sure that any of these qualify, but I am happy with them. I can already see an improvement of my skills on these blocks. I am having a blast doing this quilt.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320472[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320471[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]320469[/ATTACH]

Cre8tvlwyr 03-17-2012 08:09 AM

WOW WOW Mim!!!! did you start with us?? I'm sure you can offer a few pointers for some of our up-coming blocks :)

as Spartan's blocks are popping up I realized I had only gotten to the end of my page 37 - your quilting is wonderful!!! gotta get to that myself so it's closer to done when I'm "done"
Gus

spartan quilter 03-17-2012 08:20 AM

I am so glad that I decided to quilt and put rows together, as I go. I just think that if I got all of them made, I would be overwhelmed at the end. I had never done QAYG, but sure am liking the way it is coming out. I may try this on future quilts.

mim 03-17-2012 08:47 AM

As I am making these blocks, I find myself getting irritated with Jane -- What posessed her to do such difficult/wierd angles?? I am relying heavily on "that quilt" for pointers and sometimes agree. I am doing some english PP with a couple blocks and have tossed some out half done.

When I get too bogged down with a block, I put it aside and do an easier one for therapy. I realise that at some point there will only be impossible ones -- then I might just cheat and not make a block at all. After all -- It's MY quilt, isn't it???? :-) Mim

Fraew 03-17-2012 10:00 AM

Mim,

I'm am with you 100%. Last week I seriously considered cutting out a perfect 5" square and posting it as a pic for one of my blocks!

But you know what, like Spartan Quilter, I can see improvement in my work. I am not throwing out anything or re-doing anything (I keep telling myself this). When it all comes together, it will be a great story to tell each time I pull this quilt out and as I pass this quilt along...I will have earned the right to tell the story every time! :)

Cre8tvlwyr 03-17-2012 10:04 AM

Now Mim - throwing blocks out??? What you've shared with us looks amazing!! If you get stuck on part of a block you should let us know - we can all try to work it out together!! that is what the thread is for. I agree that I sometimes dont find "that quilt" takes the easiest approach. I wish I had used EPP on block A-11 - I think that's the one I mean [the one with the tiny squares in a row from the outside edge]

spartan quilter 03-17-2012 01:12 PM

What I am doing with my little mistakes, is put them into a shoe box, and when I get the quilt done, I am going to make a pillow top with the scraps. If it started out to be part of a DJ block, but didn't work, it will become a pillow top.