Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   50 Fab Paper-Pieced Stars (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/50-fab-paper-pieced-stars-t171784.html)

whitepine 04-24-2012 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by Patricia Faye (Post 5165133)
And I thought you were serious, Whitepine! So I guess I could create my own stars by combining those states with special meaning & give them new names. So maybe Texhaw (Texas/Hawaii) Texmar (Texas/Maryland) since I lived in Texas, Hawaii & Maryland. And Iook (Iowa/Oklahoma) since my mother-in-law lives in Iowa & my Dad lived in Oklahoma. Will see if I can combine those. So now to come up with 3 more! Will definitely share pictures once I figure out & sew these last 6.

You got it! Iook :):):) Can't wait to see.

whitepine 04-24-2012 07:41 AM

Moonwork, love the bubble lady from the 30's. Today's bubble lady might have one balloon. :) And happy quilting.

Fraew, Great star. That center fabric is yummy. I don't know whether to call is red or purple. I think we're using the same background fabric. See below.

whitepine 04-24-2012 07:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally, Kentucky.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]330166[/ATTACH]

PokerDiva 04-24-2012 08:33 AM

OOOOOOOO whitepine.......Wonderful.

Fraew 04-24-2012 11:07 AM

Thanks all. I used fabrics from my Tonga Treats strips and squares. The collection is "Lollipop". The background is from the "Meringue" collection.

meanmom 04-24-2012 01:27 PM

Wow again. Can't wait to get caught up. I am 2 behind. I have to finish my baby quilt. I started Sunday night. The quilt is made up of 16 patch blocks and alternates with an applique of a princess crown. THe 16 patch blocks are finished. Just need to square them up. I made a test applique block last night and it worked out really well. They are all set on point and have a border. Hopefully it will continue to go together quickly. While my machine was in the shop last month I cut out blocks. I have all of them cut out in little baggies. It was fun choosing fabrics. I managed to make all of the blocks from my stash. I only purchased my background since I wanted them all the same. I have been trying to work from my stash lately since it has gotten out of control.

meanmom 04-24-2012 03:00 PM

AHHHHHHK! I was just on the Carol Doak site looking for one of her free paper pieced blocks. She has apparently redone it and they are all gone:( It says she has gotten rid of some of the old stuff. There were several there I liked and wanted to use sometime:(

Patricia Faye 04-24-2012 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom (Post 5167077)
AHHHHHHK! I was just on the Carol Doak site looking for one of her free paper pieced blocks. She has apparently redone it and they are all gone:( It says she has gotten rid of some of the old stuff. There were several there I liked and wanted to use sometime:(

Meanmom, I have a few of them, so let me know which one(s) & I'll look & send them to you in an email. You can PM if you'd like.

meanmom 04-25-2012 03:27 AM

Thanks Patricia Faye. I don't really know which ones I want. I was just trolling there looking for inspiration. I need to make a couple of blocks for my quilt guild out of some charm squares. I'm not finding anything that is just grabbing me. I might just make one of the state stars. I need to make 2-12 inch squares. Anything I want. I have a weird mix of colors to choose from. Something will come to me eventually.

Mad Mimm 04-27-2012 10:16 AM

Whitepine those colors are so lovely together. Your block is wonderful! Fraew looks like you are off to a great start!