Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-03-2011 03:55 PM

Yummy, scrummy (British for yummy - not crummy! :-) )

Donna, one thing I have learned from these ladies is a whole new vocabulary. My favorite is "squiffy." I'll let Elle (she's a British ex-Pat living in Spain in a very beautiful village not too far from the Mediterranean) or Lesley (a transplanted UKer living in the northwest coastal region of Ireland) give you a definition. Both of these ladies SHOULD be sleeping now as it's nearly 1:00 am in Ireland & 2:00 am in Spain.

That is going to make for a really lovely quilt. I am amazed at how wonderful navy is looking with the batiks. I had tried it out years ago for something, & everything just died against it. Now, these batiks stand up and shout," Hey, look at ME!" I love it.

d.rickman 04-03-2011 04:38 PM

Thanks for all your help,- I consider your approval of my choice of colors valuable, so lets see what happens. Elle was instrumental in my joining this group, Lesley, Candi and yourself have been really a big help to me, and I consider you along with this quilt board as my new quilting friends. Happy Quilting to everyone. I love it here!!!

sandpat 04-03-2011 05:24 PM

Donna...my mouth is watering looking at your batik haul! Gorgeous and will look fabulous on the navy!

Judy, I'm doing mine on point also, but doing the 7" in the center (so that it will cover only the top of my bed), then the outer border of blocks will be 10.5"..they will seem HUGE after working on the 7's! I played in EQ for mine too.

Diane....great..great..great...1!!!!!!! I'm so happy you are playing!

Ducky 04-03-2011 05:37 PM

Donna, your fabrics are beautiful! I really love the middle of the three fabrics on top.

luvmortherest 04-03-2011 07:56 PM

Donna those are simply to die for.

Butterflyspain 04-03-2011 11:10 PM

I am going to have a bash at doing it on Point (English not Scottish he he) for have a go at it.

Yummy , although its not in my Dictionary kinda means good enough to eat, Scrummy about the same meaning. I think Lesley has a better dictionary than mine.

I have to say I learn a lot of American words on here too

Lacelady 04-04-2011 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I am going to have a bash at doing it on Point (English not Scottish he he) for have a go at it.

Yummy , although its not in my Dictionary kinda means good enough to eat, Scrummy about the same meaning. I think Lesley has a better dictionary than mine.

I have to say I learn a lot of American words on here too

Either way Elle, we will get them educated to some of our more localised language, won't we? You will have to drop in the odd Spanish offering too.

Butterflyspain 04-04-2011 01:16 AM

Si LOL

joanne25 04-04-2011 03:29 AM

Not starting til 5 June eh? I might have time to get my act together by then. Maybe..

Butterflyspain 04-04-2011 03:35 AM

Cīmon Joanne, you know you can do it.