Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Obsessed 03-28-2011 03:22 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
I just put up 8 more photo pages (all while watching Patches foal!!!) There are now places to post your blocks 20 - 23 and 26-29. That will cover all the center units.

The easiest way to get to these pages is by going to the bottom of any page and click on Topic List. Affairs of the Heart is the first topic. CLick on it & all AOTH-related threads are there.

I've just been looking at all the new blocks that have been posted - Lesley and Kathy you are both doing such a wonderful job! They are beautiful! I am so excited to start working on these full steam ahead. Thanks for the preview ladies!

QuiltswithConvicts 03-28-2011 04:06 AM

You're welcome!

Lacelady 03-28-2011 04:18 AM

Roxanne, I just found your question a page or two back - if you want to start with most others in June, then I advise practising a Heart, Leaf and afterwards a scroll shape. Even if you do two or three of each, until you are comfortable, then you will feel reasonably confident when you actually begin to put them together in your first block.

Kathy, you are going great guns with your centre - I have mine all done, but not put together yet. I am going to applique my borders and need to make more of that. I did some, and realised that I had forgotten to enlarge it to the same scale as my larger (10in) blocks. I think I can use what I have already done on the outside edge so as not to waste it.

Butterflyspain 03-28-2011 04:55 AM

Hope you can do that Lesley coz that is an awful lot of work

sandpat 03-28-2011 04:55 AM

OK Kathy...I must be a little less dense this morning because I understood exactly what you were talking about with the QAYG. I have decided to "bite the bullet" and just quilt this one when complete and done...of course, its not to late to change my mind :lol:

Aww...Lesley, I hate it when I forget some "small detail" like that!! I'm glad that you can still use it somewhere!

Lacelady 03-28-2011 05:31 AM

Never mind, that is a small penalty for JTGing. At least it will be something I can point out to people in the future.

Fabric Galore 03-28-2011 12:07 PM

Lesley, I am also going to use 10" blocks and I was wondering how this affect the borders and the reverse applique. I'll be interested in seeing how yours turns out and the measurements you use.

sewNso 03-28-2011 12:14 PM

OMG.......that black quilt is beautiful. the one that recd a lst place ribbon in N.M.
i really did not want to start something else. i just started my jane , but i don't think i can pass this opp up, to learn from all you ladies. so, i ordered my book. mine will be black. and i have a janome 6600. one of you ladies told me, that i could learn to applique with that. sooo..... we will see if this ole dog can learn a new trick. (s)

Lacelady 03-28-2011 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
OMG.......that black quilt is beautiful. the one that recd a lst place ribbon in N.M.
i really did not want to start something else. i just started my jane , but i don't think i can pass this opp up, to learn from all you ladies. so, i ordered my book. mine will be black. and i have a janome 6600. one of you ladies told me, that i could learn to applique with that. sooo..... we will see if this ole dog can learn a new trick. (s)

LOL, is that the one next to the cute baby in your avatar?

Seriously though, well done for coming on board. The more the merrier.

Butterflyspain 03-28-2011 12:55 PM

I missed something here.....where does it show the black quilt at the NM show, I am so nosey I need to know, thanks