Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Deecee 06-08-2011 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
Getting worried! Still haven't started Yet!!! I always fall behind. I have 2 projects I really need to get done this weekend.

Don't worry - you are not alone.

I am at the back of the queue with you. ;)

Butterflyspain 06-08-2011 05:11 AM

No worries DeeCee and Toomany... you will not be alone I feel there are quite a few who want to start and havenīt quite caught up, You know we will be waiting for you when you do start.

Elle

Cre8tvlwyr 06-08-2011 07:41 AM

using DMC 820 with 726 - one strand each - Wow! really pops. When I went to my local shop I also picked up some purple rayons - since my background is Iris - I may try to add a strand of purple here and there...what do you ladies with expertise think??

btw - name is Monica ..or Gus :lol: [grandsons' nickname...luv it... and for all you Disney fans - 'Gus gus' goes with mousie]

Butterflyspain 06-08-2011 08:09 AM

Well Gus (love that name) donīt look to me for expertise, but I do like the sound of those colours, just go with your heart, I would.

Ducky 06-08-2011 08:10 AM

Oh man, Gus! I've just been using a deep gold (DMC). I LOVE the two floss colors together. Hope you don't mind if I copy you. I'd like to put a rust color in my gold.

BTW, I have always loved Gus Gus from Cinderella. :-D

Ducky 06-08-2011 08:13 AM

***groaning*** Now I have the song stuck in my head. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly"

Butterflyspain 06-08-2011 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ducky
***groaning*** Now I have the song stuck in my head. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly"

:D :D :D

candi 06-08-2011 05:52 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello friends. Had the day off work(finally) and worked a bit on planning my blocks..will be gone all of July, so no sewing, and August will be a work transition month so not many sewing hours..so I needed some organization and plans. I have some blocks cut, many marked, and a few that I went ahead and did the bobbin work before the applique..I think it'll be easier for me that way.

I think it'll be fun to see how you all are working on this, wanna share?

My next three blocks cut and embroidery done..waiting to be turned under and appliqued.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208884[/ATTACH]

By my sewing machine, the last two blocks I have marked and started embroidering..will go into the box when done to wait their turn to trace and cut the pieces.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208885[/ATTACH]

The box holding my cut background squares with a couple of blocks that have been embroidered but waiting for pieces to be traced and cut
[ATTACH=CONFIG]208888[/ATTACH]

Mousie 06-08-2011 06:01 PM

Getting worried! Still haven't started Yet!!! I always fall behind. I have 2 projects I really need to get done this weekend.

don't stress yourself. I have vowed to sew every day this week, and every day there was an appointment and/or babysitting etc. etc. etc...but I KNOW I am going to do this.
I think once my first block is under my belt I'll be in the AOTH groove.
I won't be able to do the fox trot like so many others. It will still be a slow dance for me, so don't worry. hugs :thumbup:

Mousie 06-08-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee

Don't worry - you are not alone.

I am at the back of the queue with you. ;)

well, hello ladies...3's company :lol: