Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

sandpat 07-30-2011 05:22 PM

Not a "bad wifey" Deecee....just taking care of business, right??? I can't stay with my DH all the time when he is in the hospital either. Animals and things to take care of...family and friends can only do so much you know...and truthfully, I just cannot sit there 24/7, drives me crazy!

Mouse....hope your DD is up and about soon...don't want anyone to be in pain or having problems!

Fabric Galore 07-30-2011 05:31 PM

When I am in the hospital I don't like a lot of company. I figure if I'm sick enough to be in hospital I am too sick to be good company. My DH would call a couple of times each day and if I needed something from home he would bring it to me. It's impossible to sleep in a hospital at night so I would try to nap during the day time. I'm a terrible patient, I've got too much to do to get ill and just lie about. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

QuiltswithConvicts 07-30-2011 06:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, ladies, tomorrow, we will begin week #9 by working on Block #22. There has been a bit of grumbling over this block, but it is doable - just a few pointy tips to contend with. If you haven't cut this block out, you could "beef up" those pieces to make more room at the ends for the seam allowancs. I did, but I thing it was a bit too much as the pieces were slightly too big & I had to adjust how they all met up with each other. But, it worked out just fine.

Block #22
[ATTACH=CONFIG]234007[/ATTACH]

Deecee 07-30-2011 07:15 PM

Don't know how much longer DH will be in hospital but probably a few more days yet.

Problem is after all this treatment he is feeling better than he has in a long time and wants to be entertained and go out for walks. He is allowed to disappear for an hour at a time, as long as he is back in bed for his next drug treatment.

And I'm with you Patti, drives me nuts just hanging around for too long when there is plenty of stuff to get done at home.

I am enjoying the break from work though, even if I'm not getting paid.

Kathy - like your version of this block better than Aie's.

d.rickman 07-30-2011 07:20 PM

Beautiful Block!!

Butterflyspain 07-31-2011 12:01 AM

I donīt know how to say this really, but the heart and blood pressure go together. Hospitals do not put salt in the food for that reason. Salt causes higher blood pressure and is a no no if you have a heart problem.
However having said that I could understand your concern.

sandpat 07-31-2011 05:24 AM

Kathy, that more beefy version of the block looks just fine by me! I really like it!

Elle...you are exactly right..however, they do offer a "no salt" menu and "diabetic" menu and supposedly "regular" menu. I think that they probably don't use as much salt as we do when we cook at home. We all use too much, well, I know I do anyway. Trying to cut it back when cooking, then look at DH's plate and it looks like all his food has snow caps on it! Bad Boy!! LOL!

Butterflyspain 07-31-2011 05:41 AM

Yes I like the bigger pieces to on this block they look better than those skinnies.

Yep and although it wonīt make a darned bit of difference you can tell your DH that he is a bad boy lol

d.rickman 07-31-2011 06:24 AM

The Little Brown Bird book and cd in original package - as seen on yahoo for sale site this morning - [email protected] bodkin 59 -has the book and CD for sale - cost she is asking $35 plus shipping if you are interested - I thought I saw that there was someone on QB looking for this...FYI only

Butterflyspain 07-31-2011 06:44 AM

WOW thats a bargain.