Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Deecee 08-01-2011 03:48 AM

My DMC just has Made in France and 8m - not the other bit.

d.rickman 08-01-2011 04:40 AM

My DMC says Paris cedex made in Belgium 25 m - 27.3 y.

Oh my gosh they are all different, whats with that?

sandpat 08-01-2011 05:13 AM

Oh lord, I'm not even going to look at my DMC...its all so old that it probably was hand spun by the cave women and holds 20 yrds! LOL!!!

Sending huggies to those of you dealing with health issues...seems to be a reoccuring theme as we all get older. Not the best part-don't the powers that be know how busy we are????

Mousie 08-01-2011 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh lord, I'm not even going to look at my DMC...its all so old that it probably was hand spun by the cave women and holds 20 yrds! LOL!!!

Sending huggies to those of you dealing with health issues...seems to be a reoccuring theme as we all get older. Not the best part-don't the powers that be know how busy we are????

hee,hee,hee...that's what I'm screamin' patty! :XD:
My DMC is at the mouse-house, since I got to come over to DD's house to use pc.
grandbaby is on the phone now, so it's back to nana-time,...y'all got me wondering about the floss now.
some of mine is a bit aged too.
Older than dirt and most rocks, lol!
So glad I scooped it up and good amount of stash, when I did, cuz it's not getting any easier. ;-)

Cre8tvlwyr 08-01-2011 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok...yea yea....told you I wasnt coming back for a while, but there's something soothing about working on these...

Here's my block 10 without embroidery at this point - couldnt wait to share!

d.rickman 08-01-2011 09:17 AM

OMG - "WOW", that is a stunningly beautiful block, can hardly wait to see your finished center unit. Good Job!!

Butterflyspain 08-01-2011 09:45 AM

Wow yee on that beautiful fabric for the middle flowers and well done on a beautiful job.

firequilt 08-01-2011 10:17 AM

wonderful block!!!!!!!!!!

Cre8tvlwyr 08-01-2011 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Wow yee on that beautiful fabric for the middle flowers and well done on a beautiful job.

Thanks so much!
the very center is a new Kaufman [I think?] batik fussy cut center that I had actually first cut as center of block #8 but changed my mind because the inner petals were another polka dot. When I finished the flower and hearts and had only the center to do, I tried it out and thought wow - this pulls the green leaves and flower colors together - it just 'worked' :-D
The petals are also fussy cut out of a big piece of large tulip fabric I had hoped one day to make a large floral block quilt out of - I have several large floral prints and saw a quilt in a keepsake quilting catalog once that is one of those thousands of quilts to make someday..... [do we get to continue quilting in heaven or.....?] anyway that fabric is Seattle Bay LAVI-06 konabay. I used the center of one of those tulips as center in block #8. I'm finding soooo many uses in large prints for this quilt - awesome!

Lacelady 08-01-2011 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
OK, I have a stupid question.

On the label of the DMC embroidery floss it says, "www.dmc.com Made in France. For sale only outside the European Union."

Does anybody have any idea why? Our skeins have 8m (8.7 yd). I remember when those skeins had 10 yards.

I might be able to shed a little light on that - at least from the UK point of view. There is one company in the UK which has the right to distribute DMC, but I think I am right in saying that their right is ONLY for the UK. So I am guessing that perhaps DMC also has agreements with other companies in different countries.

I discovered something similar when I bought my Kindle. I tried to buy it from Amazon .co. uk and they wouldn't send it to me in Ireland, so I had to buy it from Amazon.com in the US.

I can't download kindle books from the co. uk. version either, and the .com version sometimes won't let me download a book to Ireland either!

So to sum up, I think that sometimes big companies divide up the world into chunks and never the twain shall meet.