Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

ann clare 07-31-2011 07:36 AM

Kathy another beautiful block. Love your colors.

Mousie 07-31-2011 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by d.rickman
Mousie, sending prayers along with good thoughts and hugs your way...Have a great weekend.

thank you, donna :)

Mousie 07-31-2011 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Well I'm being a bad wifey today and not visiting DH in hospital.

The reason being I do have to do stuff like food shopping and washing and checking in at work, but perhaps I might get a bit of work done on my next AOTH block as well.

Fingers crossed.

don't feel bad. I know when I am sick, I just need rest! I am used to not getting visitors much. My dh can't sit still with nothing to do and never has...even when I had babies, or when I went to oncologist appointment to hear either good news or bad,...dh insisted on staying in waiting room :-(
I just sucked it up and went in alone.
Your dh will be fine though. right?
If not, you'd be there. Your not being a bad wifey, your being a good quilter ;-)

Deecee 07-31-2011 03:42 PM

Thanks Mousie. DH is feeling pretty good and can walk around the hospital but has to be back in bed for treatments on a regular basis.

He's looking for company and entertainment 'cos he's not feeling sick enough!!!

QuiltswithConvicts 07-31-2011 06:48 PM

Yes, DH was flown to the Heart Hospital so that his cardiologist (who just happens to own that hospital) could admit him. His problem originally wasn't his heart, but a bone infection in his foot & leg. The infection was MRSA - he nearly died from one of the antibiotics they were giving him. Thank the Good Lord we didn't have a DNR on him as he stopped breathing & his heart stopped. They got him back right quickly. He ended up needing open heart surgery as the infection had settled on the aorta's valve. Cut his right leg off & 6 days later did the open heart surgery to replace the valve. We both have high BP, but not so high that a little bit of salt can't be used. Both of us are medicated for it. The only way you can get the essential iodine that our bodies need is through iodized salt. This place didn't use salt in anything for the patients! The food in the cafeteria was wonderful! Neither one of us use much salt, but I do use a bit in cooking, especially when cooking pasta.

d.rickman 07-31-2011 08:24 PM

OMG Kathy, that is a lot to go thru, hopefully all is well with your DH. Sometimes life isn't fair.

Deecee life is a struggle when medical situations are abound, not easy for you either. Sending hugs your way as well.

Husbands or should I say mine is worse than a bad child when he is not well.

QuiltswithConvicts 07-31-2011 08:51 PM

All DH's problems were back in 2006, so he's fine. Drives a nice electric wheelchair as he also has Muscular Dystrophy

Deecee 07-31-2011 10:27 PM

Kathy, you and your DH do have a lot to contend with.

Obviously your great attitude to life helps keep things going along.

There is a lot to be said for most women's mental fortitude and I think most of the people I have "met" on the QB are blessed with strength of spirit.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-01-2011 03:32 AM

OK, I have a stupid question.

On the label of the DMC embroidery floss it says, "www.dmc.com Made in France. For sale only outside the European Union."

Does anybody have any idea why? Our skeins have 8m (8.7 yd). I remember when those skeins had 10 yards.

Butterflyspain 08-01-2011 03:43 AM

Got no idea, just had a look at mine but I donīt have DMC. I have Anchor and Profilo both contain 8 metres.