Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

pab58 10-25-2011 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore

Originally Posted by pab58
It's the block that's in the second row and is second from the left. I shouldn't have made the center the same color as the leaves. I'm even thinking of making smaller leaves and put them between the orange ones for some added umpf. ;)

Patti, I went back & checked and I think that block is beautiful just the way it is. That is your interpretation of the block and I think it is beautiful.

Patti - I think it looks great too!! it's funny how we look at our own blocks differently from everyone else. I've made a couple of changes to mine after it was 'done' ...not that one - havent tackled it yet. If you are not quite happy with it, try some embroidery in a contrasting color. I usually take a thread of two different colors for my stem stitch and it adds an extra sparkle - even two different golds...again I think the block looks fine, but if you want to add a sparkle - don't add petals, you can put some gold stem stitch around alternate petals - or just the middle ones, lay the thread over it as squint a little to get the impression.
But again - once it's quilted it will look amazing.

Hmmmmm........never thought of adding some embroidery around the petals. You see!! That's exactly why I love the QB!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :D :D

sandpat 10-25-2011 04:31 PM

I went back and looked at it too Patty, my first thought was, well, add something with the quilting, or add a bit of fabric paint, or add embroidery...I think you can do a little bit of something with it and not redo it at all! All in all, I think its really pretty!

Mousie 10-25-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
The top is finished. Need to get backing & get'er done! This may be the 10-minute block, but as Quilter7x discovered that's only referring to the base. To make a Carthedral Window out of it takes about 20 minutes after you get the hang of it! Looks pretty good, if I do say so myself. Guild challenge has been met!

this is very striking. i thought the 10min block might be a shortcut. but apparently not.

I think this is a shortcut when compared to the CW done by hand. Not something I would enjoy doing by hand. Actually, I don't enjoy making much of any pattern that is a repeat of the same block over & over. I like to make samplers like AOTH, LBB, Dear Jane, etc. I'm slightly ADD & OCD - nasty combination. Might explain why I can get so much done. I jump around from project to project, so that when I am ready to give it my all, I'm already half finished!

no wonder we have so much in common, and I used to be all over the place, into everything.
Not anymore! let's just say, health caught up with me and I had to do something about it and the results are I'm much slower.
For a period of time when I was in my thirties, I had three jobs and still went home and cooked and helped kids clean.
We all worked in our house and I told kids it was "character building."
They truly have great character now too!
:thumbup:

crftyldy 10-25-2011 10:17 PM

I'm loving this quilt and all the blocks. when I first saw AOTH it intimidated me. Now after doing a couple blocks and seeing all of the beautiful colors that everyone is doing, I have a confession...I want to do another. Just don't tell my DH.

sandpat 10-26-2011 05:10 AM

Well, you SHOULD do another then Karen! It is a great one, I think if I do another, it will be machine appliqued :D

Cre8tvlwyr 10-26-2011 12:42 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I wanted to show you the picture of my block #8 after I added more embroidery around the hearts [there was none in the pattern nor on my first picture [link below]

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-107715-22.htm

block #8 redone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277424[/ATTACH]

block #14
[ATTACH=CONFIG]277425[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 10-26-2011 01:22 PM

What goregous blocks such lovely vibrant colours. Beautiful well done.

sandpat 10-26-2011 04:24 PM

Gus, those are both gorgeous!!!!

Cre8tvlwyr 10-26-2011 04:31 PM

Thx :) I'm soooo far behind... keep telling myself 'it's the journey' right?? :roll:

d.rickman 10-26-2011 05:09 PM

I love how you fussy cut the red material in the last pic, both blocks are fantastic, love the colors you used.