Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart Cyber-Sew 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/affairs-heart-cyber-sew-2011-a-t95413.html)

Lacelady 02-12-2011 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by SewExtreme
You are welcome Leslie. Hope I explained it clearly enough for you to follow my directions. Let me know if you need more clarification. LOL I used to not know how to post a topic OR photos! We all need each other, don't we? lol :lol: :lol:

I have listed what I wanted to from this thread, no problems, so thank you Linda. I just never noticed it there at the bottom of my profile page.

QuiltswithConvicts 02-12-2011 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
Happy Birthday Kathy! Enjoy your day! I think we should celebrate early and often, and I take the whole month because mine is on the last day and I have to prepare!

I need the following month to recover from the shock of getting another year older! :)

QuiltswithConvicts 02-12-2011 11:45 AM

Great idea! Thanks!!! :)

SewExtremeSeams 02-12-2011 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Happy Birthday Kathy! Enjoy your day! I think we should celebrate early and often, and I take the whole month because mine is on the last day and I have to prepare!

I need the following month to recover from the shock of getting another year older! :)

You'll be ok, Kathy. Look at it as getting wiser! ;-)

Shemjo 02-12-2011 12:13 PM

I prefer to think of it as basking in getting older! I relish the new year and look forward to many more! Look up and think positively!

Lacelady 02-12-2011 12:19 PM

I prefer to think of it as basking in getting older! I relish the new year and look forward to many more! Look up and think positively!

Does it happen in the US as it does here? As a youngster, you are always wanting to be older (i.e. I am 13 and 3/4 years old)
then for the next umpteen decades, you want to be younger.

Finally, you become proud of your age, and want to be older again (i.e. I'll be 89 next birthday)

I haven't quite got to the last stage yet, but I am past caring about the middle stage.

Shemjo 02-12-2011 12:25 PM

Lesley, I think you are right about that. George Carlin had a whole routine about ages and how we measure them. I don't really worry about the numbers any more, just enjoy reaching the next one!

QuiltswithConvicts 02-12-2011 12:29 PM

Yup, don't really care anymore. Never was all that concerned as to want it to be a secret. Besides, the average of today's quilter is 62, so apparently, we're in the majority now! I was 62 yesterday!

Lacelady 02-12-2011 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Yup, don't really care anymore. Never was all that concerned as to want it to be a secret. Besides, the average of today's quilter is 62, so apparently, we're in the majority now! I was 62 yesterday!

See, you could be my younger sister - I am sixty four (LOL, 65 next birthday LOL!)

MadQuilter 02-12-2011 02:28 PM

Kathy, happy birthday to you (can you hear me singing?)

Don't think of it as turning one year older. Just think of it as getting ONE DAY older.