Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

Barbie 03-03-2013 06:58 AM

Judy, I am on board. Great idea to start on Christmas, my most favorite time of the year. This has come at a perfect time since I can pickup what I need at the Dallas Quilt Show on Friday.

Thanks for all your hard work.

cat-on-a-mac 03-03-2013 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I came up with 2 options (A fabric on the left). I'm leaning toward the second one, with the black. What do you think? Believe it or not, the rightmost fabric is the same in both pictures!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399435[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]399433[/ATTACH]

Belfrybat 03-03-2013 07:18 AM

Great choices, everyone. It's supposed to be well above freezing -- 80-85 -- here today and tomorrow,and I know for sure the train is stopping here as I forgot to pack a couple of things, and I bribed the engineer to make a loop through Texas. Tequila and a smile goes a long way around these parts.

Kathy - I'm partial to the first picture, but only because I love blue.

cat-on-a-mac 03-03-2013 07:29 AM

coopah -- no cats (except me!) allowed in the house! My barn cat, Ike, would love it though, I'm sure! The dogs would, however, make short work of anything shreadable!

Gretchen 03-03-2013 07:48 AM

Good morning Everyone! Sorry I'm late - spent all day yesterday with my DH running errands.... can't complain as he did let me stop at not one but TWO quilt shops!! TRust me that was a really big deal for him! Love the table runner idea Judi! I like making them for my DMIL and use Insul Bright so that it may be used as a large pot holder for family gatherings... have a few non-quilting projects I have to get done but plan on working on this in-between! Thanks Judy for the wonderful Train Rides! Now to go down and check out my newly organized stash!! Woo Hoo!!

Cindy60545 03-03-2013 08:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK got my stash shopped. Here's what I came up with. I'll be making 2 of them. One for Christmas. Always need something for then!

jaba 03-03-2013 08:37 AM

Lstew2212 glad I could aide and abet LOL, lets see your colors.

SunlitenSmiles 03-03-2013 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5899022)
I'm jumping on the caboose as it pulls out of my station. I like the idea of holiday too, so am thinking of 4th of July, red, white and blue. Fourth color ???, maybe another shade of one of the others. Or maybe a total neutral like gray or black? Or silver for pizzazz? Have to go shopping.

Judy, this really is a mystery because the instructions before have included what fabrics have to go with others for contrast or matching. This time, no. That's very very interesting. :)

I too have yet to finish the scrappy but don't want to miss the beginning of this trip.

or a red,white and blue print for 'A' and reads almost solid Red print , RAS blue print & RAS white print

dingle525 03-03-2013 10:28 AM

Got Christmas fabric coming out my ears. Gonna love this trip.

SulaBug 03-03-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 (Post 5900257)
What I mean is that your stash & my stash are so close that I always see cloths in your projects that I have. At least I know who to go to if ever I'm short on something! I'll go explore my stash later today & post my colors.

I can hardly wait to see what you pick out!! Oh GOODIE, I love both of your collection's for your table runner's. Now I must go see what I can put together!! Hmmm...................
:D :D :D :D