Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Another MYSTERY QUILT Train Ride - our 5th trip! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/another-mystery-quilt-train-ride-our-5th-trip-t215243.html)

whitepine 11-23-2013 07:42 AM

Definitely count me in Elizabrat and Jaba. I might even try to do it in miniature for a wall hanging.

Barbie 11-23-2013 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6418838)
Panels will work just fine. Just remember that to put on the different rounds it is much easier to have your center start out with sizes that are divisible by 3 or 4. Examples: center is 21 1/2" so it is divisible by 3 or 20 1/2" by 4. This way when you are adding say hour glass blocks for one border you will know that you have to make 7 or 5 per side, so you would cut your pieces to make them 3 1/2" and 4 1/2" unfinished in order for them to fit. As each round is added it makes it so much easier to figure out. Does that make sense? This is one that I made before Linda and I started the RR's to just try and see what kind of borders to make and how they looked. Each round was staggered with 4 1/2" or 6 1/2" wide. Maybe this will give you an idea.[ATTACH=CONFIG]448174[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]448175[/ATTACH]

This sounds great. I would like to learn about putting on numerous borders. Count me in.

montiealma 11-23-2013 02:50 PM

When do we start? It sounds like fun and learning new things all rolled up in one. Count me in. Thanks.

SheriR 11-23-2013 08:48 PM

Is Elisabrat hosting and choosing the borders we use? When will you start?

dabbler312 11-24-2013 06:01 AM

Love the quilt jaba - am I seeing the fractured block in the center to stat with - what a fun technique to put on my bucket list for the future. I'm definitely interested in participating in a RR. - count me in.

meanmom 11-24-2013 07:41 AM

Yeah another train ride. And Linda the round robin idea sounds fun as well. I really need to tame my stash. It is out of control. I quit buying quilt backs about 1 1/2 years ago. I just piece together something from what I have here. Not sure I have even made much of a dent in what I have yet. I have also whipped up some donation quilts out of my stash too. I could probably sew from now until I am 100 and not use it all up.

bibliostone 11-24-2013 02:11 PM

The RR sounds like fun. Be sure and let us know when you start its own thread. I have some embroidery blocks that I want to use a the center and this would keep me "on track" to get it done for Christmas 2014.

Evie 11-24-2013 02:24 PM

The RR sounds interesting and I may participate. Is this something that needs an OK from Patrice or another board administrator before we can go ahead?

coopah 11-24-2013 04:29 PM

Thanks for enlightening me! Right now my head is ready to explode with lots going on in life. My sewing room hasn't seen me for over a month, so I was trying to see if the borders and train were together or separate. I may lurk on both or if things settle a bit, maybe do one or both. The round robin sounds like a good thing and it would be fun to do with Elizabrat's leading. The train is a good thing, too. It sounds like 2014 will be lots of fun on the Board!

Elisabrat 11-25-2013 06:34 AM

yes I have to write it up then send it in for approval first. I hope to get to this in the next week or so as I have to finish a round on a round robin I am in right now. I am in three and addicted to them. I have so much to learn and ready to do it. gulp lol.