Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Dear Jane Stickle 2d Cyber Block Party - January 2012 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/dear-jane-stickle-2d-cyber-block-party-january-2012-a-t162737.html)

fromzstore 12-19-2011 09:34 AM

to let everyone know this is doable we had a woman in our sewing bee decide to do the dj and she had never paper pieced or appliqued so some of us worked with her and showed her how so she started dj in June of this year and she finished it last week must be some kine of record and it is beautiful.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-19-2011 10:10 AM

Your friend must've spent lots of time on it!! But I do believe 3/week is doable. Last winter when I took part in the winter DJ swap I made 48blocks [sets of 12 - 4 different blocks] & it only took a couple of days. I was not sewing all the time those days either.

For those interested in thequiltshow.com certificates - I have roughly 90 I think. I just recently rejoined and gave my friend the free 6-mo certificate that comes with a paid membership. She had a few issues getting the certificate put in the right place so I will write instructions here and the reason I told everyone interested to PM me is that there is a different # on each card so I want to avoid more than one person trying to use the same number.
I will respond to those who have already asked on an individual basis as well.

To use the certificate:
1. Go to www.thequiltshow.com
2. Click on "redeem gift certificate [4th item ? in right column]
3. Click 1st box "Redeem" in the top section that says "redeem gift certificate" membership
4. Go down to the last item in that list that says "one-month" and add to cart.
5. You will be asked to register, then continue.
6. on the final page you will put your gift certificate coupon #xxxxxxxx in the space provided

this will give you a month membership to the site. If you don't think you will have time to access it during the holiday, I suggest you don't do this til after, because they will cut you off the star membership benefits at the end of your subscription time. [I actually think somewhere there may be a join now button near the end to click as well...]

sewNso 12-20-2011 05:03 AM

I just did a D9P, and we need to remember this method, and do the sashings and corner blocks this way. worked like a dream.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-21-2011 09:01 AM

SewNso - what is a D9P?? do you mean block D9?? and if so what is the "P" ?? don't know if I'm missing the obvious :)

Anael 12-21-2011 09:12 AM

D9P = disappearing 9 patch.
I don't know what this has to do with corners and sashings but I'm sure sewNso does know :D

dungeonquilter 12-21-2011 10:08 AM

I would like to join up as well. I have had the book and software for a few years now, but just never seem to get started.

jacquie 12-21-2011 11:55 AM

i printed off a couple of the triangles from the softwear... they came out shorter an fatter than the ones in the book.
so question... which way do you go by to get your pattern to work with?
the book triangles base measures 5" finished.
very confused person here!!
help!

katybob 12-21-2011 12:34 PM

Jacquie - I did the same thing at first. In the DJ print screen, change the size to 5" x 8" (I think). That's one of the things Anina of "that quilt" talked about.

NDQuilts 12-21-2011 12:48 PM

When printing there is a check box "size from quilt". That needs to be checked to get proper scale.

Cre8tvlwyr 12-21-2011 06:08 PM

I'm poking my head in one last time - I may not be able to look again until after Christmas. Steph [DD] is having her gallbladder removed tomorrow God-willing finally... and I am having everyone here for dinner Christmas Eve. Only then will I get a chance to check out the software glitches.

Have a Happy!!
Gus