Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The Farmer's Wife Quilt-Along Discussion Page For Blocks 19 & 20 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/farmers-wife-quilt-along-discussion-page-blocks-19-20-a-t68556.html)

Honchey 10-05-2010 06:24 PM

Can you believe we're two months into these blocks and they all look great!

mirabelle 10-05-2010 10:00 PM

It has been great seeing everyones blocks.
I am leaving for holidays next Thursday so may not get to post for a couple of weeks. I have just finished block 25 so I am still up to date :P

rwquilts 10-06-2010 01:25 PM

You think in the beginning that this will drag on for a very long time, and yet, it seems that each Wednesday comes as a surprise...it seems awfully short! I definately enjoyed making blocks 19 & 20!

QuiltingNinaSue 10-06-2010 01:44 PM

I agree that time flys; I wonder where it goes so fast. I have next week's scanned and ready to go; the last of the blocks I have scanned into dh computer.

The following week I will be late...gone to Indianapolis, Indiana with a friend who quilts. Her granddaughter is attending the FFA National Convention there. Looking forward to visiting quilt stores there. Please PM me if you are a favorite place there. Thank you.

janRN 10-06-2010 02:02 PM

These blocks were a nice break from all the small triangles.
Have a question about posting pics. My blocks are all the same size (6 1/4" but all the same) but in the pics I post one always looks smaller. Pic taken by DH with Blackberry. Maybe he's tilted?? I noticed this with the last ones I posted, too. Suggestions?
Thanks!!

Honchey 10-06-2010 02:05 PM

Have you thought about scanning them with the printer? I have a hard time with the camera too. It seems I can't get high enough to get straight on. I guess that's because I'm too short.

JeanieG 10-07-2010 09:09 AM

We are on a trip, so will post my blocks when I get back. We will be gone a few weeks. I get a lot done when I'm gone in our RV though. Got all the templates done through #50 last month when we were gone, so will cut out the fabric for when I get back. I'll just have to sew!

Great looking blocks gals!

collector49 10-07-2010 01:37 PM

How are you all cutting strips 1 15/16 inch? All my rulers are in 1/8 inch increments. I'm trying to avoid paper piecing as often as possible.

Thanks, Barb

janRN 10-07-2010 01:54 PM

I'm not cutting strips-I'm using templates (old fashioned but I'm enjoying it.) My blocks are all coming out the same size: 6 1/4" ! I lost a 1/4" somewhere; I guess if they're all the same it's okay.

rwquilts 10-08-2010 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by collector49
How are you all cutting strips 1 15/16 inch? All my rulers are in 1/8 inch increments. I'm trying to avoid paper piecing as often as possible.

Thanks, Barb

Collector49, I'm sorry you're not a fan of paper piecing...I had to give myself a few years in between and when I tried it again, I decided it was fabulous!

JeanieG, have a great time on vacation!