Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   THE FW PONY CLUB Quilt-Along Week 6 Broken Heart & Boy's Playmate Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fw-pony-club-quilt-along-week-6-broken-heart-boys-playmate-photo-page-t178544.html)

dublb 02-08-2012 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4954028)
Beautiful blocks again this week, no horsies for me, I am just playing in my garden of flowers looking at the stars;)
There were a few curse words coming from my sewing room too as I put together Broken Heart, did anybody count there was 57 pieces in that block

I love your garden & stars! Wow, I didn't realize how many pieces, that is daunting. I'm glad that I'm gonna PP instead of Freezer Paper.

dublb 02-08-2012 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 4954391)
What awesome blocks, ladies. I can't believe how different they all are. You guys amaze me. I have to thank Anael & QE for "talking me off the ledge" doing Broken Heart--I could not get the templates to fit. They convinced me to paper piece, glad I did.

I love the contrast between your 2 blocks. Your hearts are so bright & such darling horses!

dublb 02-08-2012 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 4954625)
Here are mine for the week. What have been posted already are terrific! I didn't take notes so I can't make individual comments right now but you know who you are. Great job.

Your hearts have such movement! Lovely! You picked a perfect playmate for your Boy's Playmate. So cute!

dublb 02-08-2012 08:27 AM

Janie - Such fussy cutting! Is that a sheep in your center block or a dog? I like it!! OOps I got blocks mixed up. Your center horse & rider stand out!!

dublb 02-08-2012 08:32 AM

Windiq- Your blue blocks pointing to that cute horseshoe are great! Your bandana fabric makes your Playmate stand out! Lovely!!

JeanieG 02-08-2012 11:53 AM

Wow you guys got an early start! Great work everyone! Mine are in progress, should be finished today, I hope.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-08-2012 12:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
OK try number twi[ATTACH=CONFIG]310014[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]310015[/ATTACH] Finally, it worked!! Boy's playmate is deciated to GIL who was a cowboy riding from Montana to Texas horseback to sell "ponies" among other things like winning a silver mounted saddle for bronc riding at Cheyenne, Wymoing. Spotted horses belonged to brother, opposite side is an Irish thorughbred raised in Ireland, raced in England, and was owned by SIL. Broken hearts has a bleeding heart center...one of many that has bloomed here on the home front.

QuiltingNinaSue 02-08-2012 12:29 PM

OK, quilt police, the points do not match up on the first; may re-make later. Whatever. Background takes over; not a good background piece. Looks like a batch of angry snakes to me. Do not appreciate the designer in this one.

JeanieG 02-08-2012 01:19 PM

Love the sentiment in your quilt QNS! So interesting to read about the "old" days!

Anael 02-08-2012 01:22 PM

All blocks are beautiful!

jan RN, I'm glad it worked :D Your blocks are great!

QuiltingNinaSue, I love the pictures in your Boy's playmate! What a lovely idea to dedicate the block to family. I love the idea of the broken hearts.