Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-2nd-milestone-show-tell-blocks-16-30-photo-page-t187088.html)

Honchey 04-24-2012 05:22 PM

The FWS Pony Club 2nd Milestone "Show & Tell" blocks 16-30 Photo Page

Ready..Set..Go...Who is going to be the first to "Show".....H.

gardnergal970 04-25-2012 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'll lead the way. I still have to redo the CS but that's on the back burner for now. I was going to do all 30 but that really begins to fill up my design wall and is hard to capture without catching furniture. The picture is a little wonky because I take it with my iPad and the camera is at the curve on the back and hard to adjust for.

Who is next?

QuiltE 04-25-2012 05:43 AM

*gasp* GGal it looks ever so blended with some sparkle blocks, and muddy ones, too, as Laurie would call them. I really like that concept as she explained it, as it makes total sense and how to pull together scrappy-ness.

Why don't you re-post your first 15, so we can see them all in close proximity with the 2nd 15?
(hope you don't mind my suggesting this,
Honchey?)

I'm holding off on posting my group til my sashings/cornerstones are all on.
Then from here on, that'll put me one step closer to the finish when we get there! Yeeehaw!!!

gardnergal970 04-25-2012 06:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by gardnergal970 (Post 5168241)
I'll lead the way. I still have to redo the CS but that's on the back burner for now. I was going to do all 30 but that really begins to fill up my design wall and is hard to capture without catching furniture. The picture is a little wonky because I take it with my iPad and the camera is at the curve on the back and hard to adjust for.

Who is next?

Here are the first fifteen sans sashing.

Honchey 04-25-2012 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5168268)
*gasp* GGal it looks ever so blended with some sparkle blocks, and muddy ones, too, as Laurie would call them. I really like that concept as she explained it, as it makes total sense and how to pull together scrappy-ness.

Why don't you re-post your first 15, so we can see them all in close proximity with the 2nd 15?
(hope you don't mind my suggesting this,
Honchey?)

I'm holding off on posting my group til my sashings/cornerstones are all on.
Then from here on, that'll put me one step closer to the finish when we get there! Yeeehaw!!!

Not at all!!! I'm looking at the blocks and they look like "which block is that??? I don't remember doing that block!!". They all take on such different "personalities" when you use different fabrics...

Anael 04-25-2012 12:42 PM

WOW GGal! Your quilt will be gorgeous!

I didn't realize we reached 30 blocks and our second Milestone! I will take a pic of my blocks tomorrow. It's too late and too dark now here.

QuiltE 04-25-2012 01:30 PM

Honchey ... heck, I have that problem, just within the blocks for one week! different fabrics/colours/values can give such different looks and dimensions to the same patterns. Personalities, as you say!

GGal ... you have such a nice mix of colours and "moods" ... and they all blend together so well. I'm still really attracted to the pink rose in the first set ... At the Station (I think?) ... and I say I'm not a pink person, and yet lately, pinks seem to be calling to me!

Anael .. Have a good night's sleep!

dublb 04-25-2012 01:31 PM

Oh GG those are beautiful! They look great tagether. Good Job!:thumbup:

janRN 04-25-2012 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a milestone! Ggal, you have such balance with all your colors, tones, shades, etc. I notice I need more yellow. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

QuiltE 04-25-2012 01:51 PM

JanRN ... oh so lovely!! and likewise to you, for your own achievements and also, the balance of your colours, tones, shades! Have you thought about your sashings yet? Maybe that's where you could put in some yellow splashes, in the cornerstones? You've really mastered PPing!!! Congratulations!!!