Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt=Along wk 40 Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt%3Dalong-wk-40-sheep-fold-star-hope-photo-page-t202795.html)

QuiltE 10-10-2012 07:15 AM

Thanks OKSGlad ... though I wish I was back in the Saddle and riding WITH all of you instead of tossing in my two cents worth!!

You've taken the look to a totally different dimension. Always like your folky blocks. No cow? :) And the 2nd one has my attention two. Perfect fabric choices for both, and especially the 2nd. They blend so well together, the fabric pattern size fits the parts so well with a wonderful zap in the blue contrast.

oksewglad 10-10-2012 07:21 AM

You're welcome QE. I opted for the sheep as it was obvious in the name. As this is from the same fabric thought it would blend in nicely and did you see the two cows peeking wishing they were front and center, and the B&W one walking off in a huff. Chanticleer is crowing!

QuiltE 10-10-2012 08:38 AM

Yes, they felt shunned, I'm sure!
Typical Holstein :eek: ... in a huff if not front and centre at the shows!! :D

janRN 10-10-2012 10:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Fun blocks everyone. I had to redo Star of Hope a couple of times and it still looks like my small triangles are on wrong. Oh well, it is what it is![ATTACH=CONFIG]368801[/ATTACH]

QuiltE 10-10-2012 10:48 AM

OMG JanRN ... look at that exquisite quilting!!! Is that with your new Sweet 16?
Cute for those lil sheep and horses with oak leaves falling. How seasonal!! And romantic valentines and roses!

You're doing an awesome job with that wonderful new machine!

carriem 10-10-2012 04:04 PM

Ggal--pretty blocks. I love the sunflowers in the star of hope block...I've always liked sunflowers and butterflies, but haven't used either in a quilt yet.

OK--I see KT fabrics! Both blocks turned out great!

Jan--Your quilting finishes the blocks off so nicely...good fabric choices too!

Honchey 10-10-2012 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lots of pretty blocks and lots of conversation...Jan, love the quilting you've done on the blocks...I'm so jealous...I love to cut and piece but I'm a dud when it comes to quilting the blocks...all I can do it stitch in the ditch...Ggal..Your quilt is going to be spectacular...QNS, such cute blocks...welcome back to the "fold" Oksewglad, although you've never left...See what happens to this group when you're around QuiltE..everyone is so enthusiastic!!! I finished a block today and here it is....

QuiltE 10-10-2012 05:00 PM

***jumps in and steals Honcheys block**

With this yellow, it looks as though this block should be in my PC!
Great FC on that cowboy and such a nice contrast.

PS ... are you sayin' I am stirrin' the proverbial pot? :D

carriem 10-10-2012 05:00 PM

Honchey--good job with your block...great fussy cutting!

janRN 10-10-2012 05:05 PM

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I still don't quite get the hang of FMQ---I still have to draw lines and "aim" my quilting at them. Anne, I'm in agreement; I would make blocks and quilt tops all day long--hate to quilt them. I'm liking it now with the Sweet 16. I just need LOTS of practice. I love your block. It's so cheerful and perfectly done.