Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 3 Blocks "At the Depot & Arizona" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-3-blocks-depot-arizona-photo-page-t176006.html)

oksewglad 04-28-2012 03:42 PM

grannyQ so how many different fabrics of blue and cream are you using? Have you thought about sashes yet?

gardnergal970 04-29-2012 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 5177377)
Here are my at the depot and arizona blocks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331462[/ATTACH]

Really beautiful blues. They aren't always easy to find. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Termi 04-29-2012 07:31 AM

grannyQ two more beautiful blocks and great points.

dublb 04-29-2012 09:13 AM

".... Don't it make my brown eyes, don't it make my brown eyes, don't it make my brown eyes blue!..." This song keeps goin' thru my mind ever since I first saw your blocks! Divine!

grannyQ 04-29-2012 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5177986)
grannyQ so how many different fabrics of blue and cream are you using? Have you thought about sashes yet?

I reallly don't know how many blue fabrics i have. My GD & 2 GS's wanted blue quilts, and I found out making them if I used all different blues and I ran out of fabric then I could add more blues and only i would know the difference. Now another GS wants a blue quilt so will be adding more blues to my stash.
Also that is my favorite color, blue everywhere in the house.
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. Some of the blocks haven't been the easiest to make so some of them look a little wonky in the pictures.

oksewglad 04-29-2012 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by grannyQ (Post 5180829)
I reallly don't know how many blue fabrics i have. My GD & 2 GS's wanted blue quilts, and I found out making them if I used all different blues and I ran out of fabric then I could add more blues and only i would know the difference. Now another GS wants a blue quilt so will be adding more blues to my stash.
Also that is my favorite color, blue everywhere in the house.
Thank you everyone for the lovely comments. Some of the blocks haven't been the easiest to make so some of them look a little wonky in the pictures.

I think everyone here has been tested by the blocks and there's no quilt police here. Yes we admire sharp points, knowing that they come with lots of work; and they don't come with lots of hard work, too. If you haven't noticed some of us have used substitute blocks for whatever reason. You're welcome to do that too.

QuiltE 04-30-2012 11:06 AM

Another pair to please our eyes!
This is going to work together ever so lovely ... and yes, call me another blue fan! :)

works4me 04-11-2014 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What amazing blocks everyone is doing. Here is my At the Depot. I'm jumping around as time, and my fabric, speak to me
[ATTACH=CONFIG]471200[/ATTACH]

dublb 04-11-2014 07:10 PM

Well now isn't that a wonderful block?:thumbup:

QuiltE 04-12-2014 05:33 AM

W4Me ... the blue seems to glow over its duller buddies. Nicely chosen mixture ... and great FC centre! And yes, I am still rooting for the burgundy to make an appearance! :):):)