Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-4-basket-flowers-bettys-delight-photo-page-t176861.html)

wendiq 01-25-2012 07:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My two for this week......

JanieW 01-25-2012 07:48 AM

Ohhh, I love those wendiq. I really like your background fabric in the basket one. great contrast in Betty's Delight not mention all those ever so pointy points.

QuiltE 01-25-2012 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4909037)
Thanks for all the nice comments.
QuiltE... my stash has been a pleasant surprise. I did most of my grumbling/worrying about it before I got the book. There will be challenges ahead, but I'll hog tie that dogie when I get to him!!
Great job everyone! Janie

JanieW ... and you may be pleasantly surprised as to what other candidates show themselves from the depths of your stash!! Hey ... what are you doing posting .... you're supposed to be on twin duty today, aren't you. Now this gets me thinking? Will this be one quilt? or split into twin quilts? :) Could be fun!

WendiQ ... a soft and fresh basket of posies ... then some bright sun to Delight Ms. Betty! Lovely in every way!

JanieW 01-25-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4909146)
JanieW ... and you may be pleasantly surprised as to what other candidates show themselves from the depths of your stash!! Hey ... what are you doing posting .... you're supposed to be on twin duty today, aren't you. Now this gets me thinking? Will this be one quilt? or split into twin quilts? :) Could be fun!

Tuesday is the day we ride herd on the twins. Wednesday is the day I procrastinate on housework by reading the quilting board.

I have no idea what this quilt will be. There is another little cowpoke on the way . This one will be born in real cowboy country so who knows, maybe he/she will want it someday. My oldest granddaughter is really into my quilting so she may decide it's hers. Whatever , they can fight over it after I'm gone, while I'm alive it's mine!

QuiltE 01-25-2012 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by JanieW (Post 4909201)
Tuesday is the day we ride herd on the twins. Wednesday is the day I procrastinate on housework by reading the quilting board.

I have no idea what this quilt will be. There is another little cowpoke on the way . This one will be born in real cowboy country so who knows, maybe he/she will want it someday. My oldest granddaughter is really into my quilting so she may decide it's hers. Whatever , they can fight over it after I'm gone, while I'm alive it's mine!

hahaha Love it ... Mine! Mine!! MIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

So you think your house needs cleaning after those little darlings are there? Imagine that!

Anael 01-25-2012 01:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I posted my pics in the wrong thread, sorry! Here they are again.

QuiltE 01-25-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 4910256)
I posted my pics in the wrong thread, sorry! Here they are again.

I'm sending more oohs and aaaaaahs your way ... and am still really attracted to the Flower Basket!

I keep looking at the basket and wondering what the writing says?

oksewglad 01-25-2012 04:04 PM

I was quick scrolling through the pics, not paying attention to posters (red faced, I am) and everyone has the basket spot on followed by the high contrasts in the Betty block (any one have "Betty Boop" fabric?). I was chuckling because I saw the paisley in mirabelle's and knew it was her blocks. Great blocks everyone!!

mirabelle 01-25-2012 07:41 PM

Everyones blocks look great. I am now going to hide out in my sewing room and try and get next week blocks done. Looking forward to seeing more beautiful blocks hint hint!!

QuiltE 01-25-2012 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4911244)
Everyones blocks look great. I am now going to hide out in my sewing room and try and get next week blocks done. Looking forward to seeing more beautiful blocks hint hint!!

Is this a sign that your DH will be home again next week! :)
Good for you, for getting a jump on things!!
Have fun creating ...
MiraBelle!