Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Week 4 "Basket of Flowers & Betty's Delight" Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-week-4-basket-flowers-bettys-delight-photo-page-t176861.html)

JeanieG 01-26-2012 09:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for this week:

oksewglad 01-26-2012 11:30 PM

Oh Jeanie, the flowers are just perfect for you basket; great blue/cream combo on Betty's block. Looking at your block I think I've figured out a quick way to piece it. More later.

Anael 01-27-2012 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 4910263)
I'm sending more oohs and aaaaaahs your way ... and am still really attracted to the Flower Basket!

I keep looking at the basket and wondering what the writing says?

I tried to 'read' the fabric. It seems to be all letters. Somewhere it reads: Aunt Manon lived in my grandparents house by the ???One day, at dusk when I went to pick up......there I used the fabric so I don't know LOL......a huge flock of geese were landing at the riverbed.........
The fabric is from Benartex by Deborah Baronas, called Riverbed (that's all what I have so it might be called .......Riverbed)

QuiltE 01-27-2012 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 4913662)
Our DS still lives at home but he works long hours so I rarely see him, and he is every to cook for, keep it simple Mum. DH will be home for our anniversary next month so we might do something special, 34 years and counting.
I never would have attempted the FWS without the encouragement of members of this Board and also saddle up for the PC quilt, so thank you everyone. You are a wonderful group of people.

MiraBelle ... Congratulations on your 34 years! And look at you ... not only FWS+PC, but also SBS on the go too! :)

DublB ... I even recognized Liberty before, I saw your tag on it!! What was wrong with your fabrics for the Basket of Flowers? And your Betty's is a Delight! :)

JeanieG ... look at that bright green grass of spring with the fresh picked posies! Great combo for Betty's Delight ... look at those mini-horseshoes!

Anael ... I bet Aunt Manon lived by the ....... Riverbed!!

JanieW 01-27-2012 07:19 AM

JeanieG,

Your blocks are so cheerful, a real treat on this overcast day. Your flowers in the basket are perfect.

In Betty's Delight, I like your teeny tiny horsehoes. The blue/ offwhite combo really works.

JeanieG 01-27-2012 11:17 AM

Thanks for the kind words everyone! It is so much fun to "get to do" these weekly blocks again. I really missed not having blocks to look forward to doing every week! Am I the only one that felt "something" was missing in my life. Does that sound weird or what! Maybe I just lead a boring life! (But I am NEVER bored.) LOL

QuiltingNinaSue 01-27-2012 11:37 AM

I am so behind in the Pony Blocks, but I finished the Apple Tree today will post later. I love all the great blocks everyone has posted. Hope I can do as well as what has been posted to date.

oksewglad 01-27-2012 01:12 PM

You know Jeanie whenever I finish a project I have this, "Now what am I going to do next?" feeling even when I have tons of UFO's. After finishing the barn DQ and the school fundraiser projects sighed, said to myself, "Now what?" Easy answer--PC! So QNinaSue you'll be just a step ahead of us (QE and me)! We're all on the trail together!

gardnergal970 01-27-2012 01:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for the week. I'm making my PC scrappy as you can tell from my choice of fabrics.

ArteEmCasa 01-27-2012 03:47 PM

JanieW, Leba, JanR, Wendyq: awesome basket fabrics on your blocks

Anael, JeanieG : Love the bright flowers on your baskets and the horsehoes fabrics

dubld - Liberty Bell is a great block.

Gardnergal: I really love your scraps.

All: great diferent combos for Betty's delight. Love all the blocks.

QuiltE: Thanks for being here to help Honchey and us all.