Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 16 Eastertide & Ella's Star Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-16-eastertide-ellas-star-photo-page-t187084.html)

QuiltE 04-25-2012 08:19 PM

Oh how I love the fabric mixes you've used for both blocks MiraB ... as usual beautiful they are!
I can't wait to see your first 30 grouping,
MiraB!

I think we're all finding some challenges in this quilt ... which is good for us ... otherwise, how will we ever get better, if we don't have challenges to grow our skills?

dublb 04-25-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by mirabelle (Post 5170344)
They look worse up close like that, I may just redo them..:mad:

Oh no they are beautiful! Don't redo 'em. On the monitor they are bigger than IRL, so all of the little things show up. See how they look when ya take the picts of 'em all tagether. I bet ya wont even notice it. By the way, beautiful colors. I think they are lovely!:thumbup:

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5170370)
Oh how I love the fabric mixes you've used for both blocks MiraB ... as usual beautiful they are!
I can't wait to see your first 30 grouping,
MiraB!

I think we're all finding some challenges in this quilt ... which is good for us ... otherwise, how will we ever get better, if we don't have challenges to grow our skills?

I think ya hit the nail right on the head. I've learned so much from all of the challenges this quilt has thrown me!

oksewglad 04-25-2012 10:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
mirabelle, your blocks are lovely. I like the different color values you used in the Eastertide block. I'm sure some steam pressing will help those corners as well--yes they were buggers. It also helped for me to press that corner patch so the both seam allowances were pressed toward the center of the block. Have you used the roses on blue background yet? As always, great FC them in!
I couldn't help but think of The Old Rugged Cross when I first saw this block, so like QNinaSue I chose a wood fabric complements of her. Ella's Star was fun to PP. (Quit snickering QE!!!)[ATTACH=CONFIG]330602[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]330603[/ATTACH] Oops looks like I cropped off more than I needed to!

Anael 04-26-2012 12:30 AM

Great blocks mirabelle and beautiful fuzzy cutting! I wouldn't worry too much about some flaws. My former sewing teacher used to say: steam pressing does the job LOL.

Oksewglad, your blocks are beautiful and the fabrics are lovely.

QNS: beautiful! Great fuzzy cutting!

mirabelle 04-26-2012 04:15 AM

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. Will post pics of my first 30 blocks tomorrow. Today has been a long day.

QuiltE 04-26-2012 04:28 AM

Perfection in the fabrics chosen, the work done, and of course, I have to remember to give a nod to the PPP!!!!!!
Your Easter block really did pick up the Easter theme ... I've been tempted to use Easter fabric, but the block speaks totally to the true Easter. Maybe Ella's will see something juvenile? :)

gardnergal970 04-26-2012 05:04 AM

QNSue...you do such a great job with the fussy cutting plus you have such beautiful horses to showcase! I'm glad that we don't have to have perfect blocks to post too.

Mirabelle...looking good. I can't wait to see what your show and tell looks like. You've chosen such classic fabric. I bet we would never know that it was made on a dusty trail ride! And perfection is for the quilt police...none allowed on this ride. It really is encouraging when people who have quilted for many years finds a challenge and is willing to let the world see it.

Oksewglad...you braved the little squares in Eastertide and conquered. Great job.

Termi 04-26-2012 08:01 AM

Eastertide and Ella's Star

What beautiful blocks all. I'll have mine sometime in the future but for now I'm going to oooh and aaah over yours.

Honchey, your blocks are stunning and look perfect. I love the blue/brown/cream color combo!!

Anael, beautiful blocks and perfect points. Love that blue/white color combo!!

JanRN, oh I love the hyacinths!! They're one of my favorites. I can just smell them now. Beautiful fabric in both and such great work!!

gardnergal970, love the colors in both your blocks. Great job!! Blue and yellow is one of my favorite color combos.

QuiltingNinaSue, your blocks look great!! The horses look so pretty with the surrounding fabric. Great choice of wood for the cross.

Mirabelle, your blocks are so beautiful, no one will notice any little imperfection. I think they look great!

oksewglad, your Eastertide is wonderful!! It does look like an old rugged cross. The block has a feeling about it, can't explain it. Very pretty fabrics in Ella's star.

dublb 04-26-2012 10:49 AM

OK - The Easter Tide blocks with wood for the cross are perfect! I have ta break away from my fabric & at least use a brown for my cross, Hmmm & blue for the background. Your ET is awesome! You & QNS have inspired me. Your Ella's Star has some great fabrics with wonderful contrast! Not ta mention great PP!

Termi 04-26-2012 11:53 AM

OK, I need to vent. Those little corners in Eastertide are kickin' my butt. Honchey, I've tried but keep getting a tuck in the corner. I'm going to take nap.