Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 27 Lucky Star & mother's Delight Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-27-lucky-star-mothers-delight-photo-page-t194250.html)

QuiltE 07-13-2012 02:52 PM

Three perfectly pointed pairs ... each unique in their own ways!
Can't help but love them all!

OKSGlad ... back in the saddle with your always lovely subdued fabrics with great contrasts.
JanRN ... some sparkle and glitz with beautiful jewel tones against the crisp fresh white
MiraB ... as always, the serenity in seeing yours. I too jumped and said, oh the green is new ... not! If you run short, on the fabrics, will you just go for fewer blocks and finish it up? Or are you looking for more fabric to coordinate?

Beautiful!!!

mirabelle 07-14-2012 03:00 AM

I have saved every tiny scrap since the start so hoping that I will make it to the end or at least go extremely close. I so want to do the full 90 blocks. Will just have to cross my fingers and toes:D
Tomorrow will post pics of my sewing cupboards, all nicely stacked with my stash. Carpets have been cleaned but I am not allowed to move my big table into the room until DH gets home. I was sort of in trouble for removing and fixing the cupboard doors without him. They are very heavy and my poor back did not appreciate it:thumbdown: so strict orders not to lift anything until he is home.

QuiltE 07-14-2012 04:16 AM

So you only have one option MiraB ... sit and sew!!!!
I bet it feels wonderful to have your new Home Sew Home! :)

Could you find some of the same fabrics online and order them?

Honchey 07-14-2012 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hellooooo! Oksewglad, Jan & Mirabelle...Very Pretty Blocks.... I tried the mirror image with the printing and I'm always getting confused...I have to color both sides and I'm constantly flipping them to see if I'm doing it right. I have a surprise for you!!! I finished a block!!! Here it is...H

QuiltE 07-14-2012 04:23 PM

Well, you're way ahead of me Honchey :D ... Hurrah for your being back in the saddle!!!

oksewglad 07-14-2012 05:03 PM

And what a lovely block it is Honchey! The purple outer triangles highlight the purple in the inner star.

carriem 07-14-2012 05:03 PM

Honchey--what a pretty block. :)

I cut fabrics for this one today as well as 4 others....no sewing though.

mirabelle 07-14-2012 05:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Beautiful block Honchey, I love the fussy cutting you did.

As promised here are a few pics of my storage cupboards in my new room.

first photo is my stash, yardage is all folded on shelves and the wire baskets hold my scraps, fat quarters, one yard lengths, kids prints, projects and backing leftovers.
Second photo is my longer lengths that I have rolled onto bolts.
Third photo is my extra sewing machines, there are full kits in the plastic storage containers, and projects half started in containers and baskets, extra embroidery threads etc etc

Yes it will always be this neat as I can't stand a messy room, hope you like it..

deranged_damsel 07-14-2012 06:14 PM

OOOhhh my goodness Mirabelle!!! so TIDY

YAY Honchey! it looks like a kaleidoscope :D

QuiltingNinaSue 07-14-2012 06:25 PM

Great block, Anne. Beautiful. Have to get my blocks going again...Almost done with "Gone Fishing", just have to put 21 inches around the panel now...using the Iowa Star or broken canoe pattern...its paper-piecing.

Wonderful neat sewing room, Mirabelle!! Now you can come to my house in North Central Missouri and organize mine!! LOL!!:):):)