Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 29 Minnesota & Maud's Album Quilt Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-29-minnesota-mauds-album-quilt-photo-page-t195663.html)

Honchey 07-26-2012 08:21 AM

I just took a break from ripping out the triangles I sewed in the wrong place...I takes me 1-2 days to get a block done unless I'm very lucky...I just wish for blocks that don't have to be mirror imaged..that's what messes me up most times...then I go and pick fabric that I end up fussy cutting...it seems I just can't cut thru a piece of fabric cutting across the design/pattern...I have to leave it intact. It's difficult for me to cut thru the horse's belly,legs,head...I feel like a butcher...yuck..oh well, back to the machine to sew the triangles in the right place. H.

dublb 07-26-2012 09:56 AM

GG you are also our Hero! I can't tell ya what (for those o' ya'll that are caught up) it means to me ta know that I will git done. It's also comfortin' ta know that I'm not the only behind. This Pony ride is so awesome!

oksewglad 07-26-2012 06:28 PM

Hey Honchey and QNS--those "poster boy" cowboys look pretty neat in their settings. I wish I had sent you some mosquito fabric for the 10,000 Lakes block!
mirabelle-what else do I say, but AHHH.
The purple and green is so striking, GGal; and such a lovely blue fabric in the NO Y SEAMS block.
Keep them coming folks.

dublb 07-26-2012 07:09 PM

Oh man everybody's blocks are gorgeous! I'm playin' my game again & so far I recognized everybody's blocks. I hold my hand over the avitars & try ta guess who made which blocks.

Anael 07-26-2012 09:26 PM

Lovely blocks! I thought I made at least one of these but all I did was picking fabric :(
I'm trying to catch up but that's hard because I'm still 12 blocks behind! So Bev, no, you're not the only one :D

Honchey 07-27-2012 04:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I finally finished Minnesota and here it is...Sometimes even with the pping one section or more just doesn't fit and I will remove the paper from the back and resew it ...then it fits! I cannot figure out why that happens...anyone know??? H.

mirabelle 07-27-2012 04:40 PM

Honchey I always remove the paper before sewing the sections together, I find that the fabric will move and the paper holds steadfast and you can end up with little pleats. If I need to I will mark my seam allowance on the fabric but most of the time I don't. Hope this helps

mirabelle 07-27-2012 04:42 PM

Oh and I find it is easier to pin the sections together without the paper and line up my seams... forgot to say this before:o

gardnergal970 07-28-2012 05:46 AM

Honchey...good job. You got your triangles going the right direction too.

JeanieG 07-28-2012 07:53 AM

We are heading home today from Whidbey Island, WA. I've got about three weeks of blocks done, so won't be too far behind when I get there. We will miss our good friends here, but I'm anxious to see my sewing room again. I have so many quilts to finish up. I'm getting antsy! LOL