Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt- Along Wk 33 North Star & New York Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-33-north-star-new-york-photo-page-t198304.html)

mirabelle 08-21-2012 10:11 PM

gosh my blocks always look wrinkled I swear I have just finished pressing and starching them honest injun

BETTY62 08-21-2012 10:24 PM

Beautiful blocks. I look forward to seeing the blocks you group dpes. Keeping them coming.

JeanieG 08-21-2012 10:30 PM

Mirabelle - I love those stars in the NY block. Your North Star turned out perfect!

oksewglad 08-21-2012 10:34 PM

Mirabelle, I think it's because we put them in the scanner--it distorts them just a wee bit--totally out of our control!!
And of course they are just gorgeous as always.
Thanks so much Betty62. Why don't you join us?

mirabelle 08-22-2012 04:22 AM

Thanks JeanieG and Oksewglad I really look forward to our chats each week. Don't know what I am going to do when we finish this quilt. Does anyone have any ideas ?????? I think I will start having withdrawal symptoms:o

janRN 08-22-2012 07:46 AM

What great blocks this week. Anne, I love what you did with all the fussy cutting in NY, really love the blue star fabric; and I don't think your North Star is backwards.
OKSewglad, great international "flavor" to NS-just like our group; and love the eagle in NY.
Mirab, I was wondering how you'd fit a flag in your color range--you nailed it. Love your choice of fabrics. As to what to do when PC is finished, how about joining us on a new adventure: Quilts for Rosie. The blocks are 10" (seems huge!) and there are NO y-seams. Check it out-there are some of us PCers signed up already.

janRN 08-22-2012 07:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oops, forgot to post my blocks. I substituted (wonder "Y") a block called[ATTACH=CONFIG]357244[/ATTACH] Not Too Fussy from QuiltersCache for NorthStar.

oksewglad 08-22-2012 08:02 AM

"Y" not too fussy? It's a great block too! The brown you used is a wonderful piece showing lots of movement to complement the movement in the horses. Fabric choices in NY are top as well.
RE: Quilts for Rosie I don't know if I dare start another project!!

gardnergal970 08-22-2012 08:37 AM

You know when we finish this in November or so, we could do a thead just on getting it put together and not wind up with another UFO and think about something for the beginning of next year. I have to admit, I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you and these threads are my first look in the morning and my last before I turn off the wifi at night!

Honchey 08-22-2012 09:04 AM

Have no fear Mirabelle and all you...just as the FWSQuilt-Along still pops up every now & then so will this one..unless we're told by the higher ups we cannot continue...we will have a "putting it together" thread & a completed quilt photo thread...that should keep us going for awhile until someone decides on a new project that we all like. I, too, am addicted to the daily/weekly socializing... H.