Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along Wk 36 Pig's Tail & Ribbons Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-36-pigs-tail-ribbons-photo-page-t200225.html)

Anael 04-24-2014 12:50 AM

I could use red for my Insane :D :D According to the info on the internet beet will give you red fabric?

works4me 04-24-2014 05:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I haven't found red yet. Maybe Kool-Aid would work but so far nothing natural has. Raspberries made a really pretty pink and black cherry juice made a really nice brown. Beet juice made a soft brown. Mind you, I left the fabric in the juice while I was at work so it sat there for about 11 1/2 hours. Still, I don't think it would have been red even if I had gotten to it earlier.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]472849[/ATTACH]
You can barely make out the outlines of the witch feet in the right hand piece and I was surprised to see a couple of faces in the fabric on the left when I looked at the photo. The ghosts were playing in the beet juice apparently. :)

QuiltE 04-24-2014 06:41 AM

ooooooh ... a nice warmish tannish lightish brown is nice!

So ... what's brewing today?
(next thing, you'll be bringing the cauldron to work,
so you can get the timing figured out!:D:D)

BTW check out the Thrift Stores for good low cost crockpots.
(... I've bought them new, for smittance!)

works4me 04-24-2014 11:43 AM

If I had added baking soda or soda ash at the beginning, it might have gone red. Or at least pink. Nothing brewing today. Probably a continuation of this fabric tomorrow. I have to get my witch boots to show again. Did you know I actually have a pair of winter boots that look like witch boots? :D And I used to dress up for work as a witch. No one dared say a word as I was payroll at the time and their paycheque would have mysteriously disappeared. :)

Can't bring a cauldron to work. I'd likely blow a fuse and take down the computer system. :) Crock pots, something to use as a quilt rack, craft supplies and an electric skillet are all on my Thrift store/garage sale list.

works4me 06-13-2014 02:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And now ribbons is complete.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]479004[/ATTACH]
Found an ancient crock pot in a thrift store today. $8 was more than I wanted to pay for a crock pot circa 1970.

QuiltE 06-13-2014 02:34 PM

W4Me ... oh what fun FC with this one ... I really like the eyes peaking thru in the one 1/2 down the left side! :) ITA $8 is high for an ancient crock! I get modern ones for much less. However, I do think the older ones were better insulated and if not used much, are worth the $$. Though I do like the modern advancements of the lift out crocks! :)

JeanieG 06-13-2014 02:48 PM

Oh, that is so cute! I'm like QuiltE - love that owl face on the left hand side!

works4me 06-13-2014 04:31 PM

Thanks QuiltE and JeanieG. I let the pieces fall where they may. I'm glad it is a different owl than the two fussy cut ones.

oksewglad 06-13-2014 04:34 PM

Another winner!

works4me 06-13-2014 05:29 PM

Aw shucks. :o Thanks.