Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 40 (WOW!) Sheep Fold & Star of Hope Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-40-wow-sheep-fold-star-hope-discussion-page-t202794.html)

dublb 10-12-2012 02:52 PM

Hey ya'll, I took an hour nap & got woke up when my DSis called. She told me that my DGM fell at the beauty shop & hit her head. They took her ta the ER. DGM's head was bleedin' & one o' her eyes didn't respond ta light. With my sore throat I can't go & be there for her or my DM. I've been playin' w/1.5" squares. Tryin' ta bury my anxiety. LOL Now I'm exhausted. I'll make another hot toddy tanight. (Did I tell ya'll I hate whiskey.)

JeanieG 10-12-2012 03:18 PM

Oh ss you guys are sick! That is no fun at all. Those bugs do tend to linger! QuiltE, have you been to the Dr. with yours, my Dr. says if you are not better after a week, to come in because you probably need an antibiotic to cure it!

QuiltE 10-12-2012 04:10 PM

Thanks JeanieG ... I haven't been a week yet, so I must be OK, right? :)
I thought of the Dr. route though I;m sure I'll just get told it's a cold and wait it out.
Just call me Little Miss Impatience! :

DublB ... so sorry about your DGM. I'm sure it's tough that you have to stay away. I hope she settles and all is OK.

carriem 10-12-2012 06:08 PM

Bummer that many of you are sick! Praying that by next week all are well. :)

I got 2 blocks finished today...only posted Lucky Star, the other one I did was "telephone" and I have "floral bouquet" about half done. I want to get the "on-point" blocks finished since they will be in the middle of one of my quilts. Maybe tomorrow I can get 3 or 4 blocks done since we won't have school and I don't have to do any housework. Less than 10 blocks left! Thunderstorms are predicted, so I hope we don't lose power!

dublb 10-12-2012 06:13 PM

My DGM is Okay. DM just called & DGM doesn't have a concussion, nor is her arm broke. :) She has finally agreed ta git a walker!!!

QuiltingNinaSue 10-13-2012 04:38 AM

Hey, dublb, glad to hear all is well on your scene there & family. Hope everyone is feeling better today; its raining here. Sinusitis are going crazy; took some medicine so I can breathe.

Took our neighbor lady to my favorite quilt shops in the area yesterday; an to a cross stitch show in a local bank. The latter is her passion and she does a beautiful job of it. Although she has lived in Germany, and is retired from Florida here, she really does not know our area. So Sunday afternoon, we journey to visit with the local quilt guild, and in November, we will attend the local cross stitch meeting, so she can get better acquainted with the good folks here with her interests in mind. She did get the corduroy fabric to finish her Christmas stockings she had cross stitched for each of her siblings: brother and sisters. Had a great day together.

janRN 10-13-2012 04:53 AM

Great news, Dublb.

Went to a small quilt show yesterday (sorry no pics). The theme was Scrappy Quilts and it was interesting to see some of my "older" fabrics in some of them. I was surprised at the number of hand-quilted quilts this year--loved looking at those since in previous years there were so few. Lots of vendors but I was pretty good; only a few FQs followed me home. (Ok 12 of them followed me.) Great lunch then a quick run in to Joanne's for needles. Great fall day--the trees are just about at peak color so the ride was beautiful. Best thing was I was able to give my friend's son 2 chairs and an ottoman that were taking up space in my sunroom where I have my Sweet 16 so now I have lots of room to work. DH is scared I'm taking over the whole house. What's wrong with that????

Honchey 10-13-2012 03:21 PM

Hope everyone that's got the sniffles gets better soon..it's horrible ..I know the feeling very well....DublB glad your DGM is better....I have good news....My niece's Tricky Tray for the Boy's Scouts raised close to $5,000 dollars...It was exhausting....but lots of fun....now it's time to get back to the FWS. I participated in a postage stamp swap and received an envelope of 30 little packs of "stamps" they are so cute!!!! I'm not going to open them yet.. only play with them abit....

QuiltE 10-13-2012 03:32 PM

DublB ... good to know that all is good with DGM!

QNSue ... Looks like you had a good day out gallavanting! Always good to see what others make and be inspired!

JanRN ... What? only a dozen? any specific project in mind? Yea for furniture removal and creating space in "your" space! Tell DH, he's right ... it's all about YOU! :)

Honchey ... Congratulations to your niece .. it's a lot of work to do these things, and the rewards come with the success! What followed you home, Honchey? And how did your quilt do? By chance was it one of your family/friends who got it? That'd be nice!

Me? ... I've decided I'm allergic to my home! Last night I coughed in bed a lot, to the point of almost choking, gagging and being sick. I'm sure my throat must have been raw. "drank" cough medicine and it settled it for a bit and then it was back. Left early to take my quilts to the Show/Sale and as the day went on, I was fine and my throat was feeling better and better, and NO coughing!! I thought oh good, I'm over it. Came home and not long after, guess what? Right into a coughing fit ... and then again ... and again ... Oh joy Oh bliss, I can just imagine the sleep I will NOT have tonight!

At the Craft Sale and Quilt Show/Sale ... about 30 vendors. I don't know the people, but I think most were fairly local. IMHO too many with the same type of stuff. Being that it was pretty much stuff I would do (or stuff I don't want!) the only purchase was from a LQS .... one Stonehenge Christmas panel with 2 coordinating FQs (JanNRN, that's TWO, not 12!!!!). Strange Lady ... she didn't have a calculator, had forgotten bags for purchases, and didn;t seem to know her prices! And then after I left the show I went to a different LQS en route home ... same panel $7.50 ... I'd paid $13.98!! Will I ever go to her LQS?

There were 33 quilts in the Show/Sale! They were nicely displayed, all hung. A real range in prices ... some fairly priced, some ridiculously low and wouldn't have covered the cost of the fabrics! I'm not expecting sales ... but who knows? Anything is possible.

The show stopper for me was a Snowflake Quilt, all paper pieced. Incredible!! Large snowflakes, probably 15" or so across, each different, spread out on a background of assorted blues.

And oh ... machine quilting does not a quilt make!
Yup ... that's what I was told by one of the ladies at the show. I was wandering around all the quilts and got chatting with two ladies about an applique Teddy Bear quilt that was absolutely gorgeous, and had hours and hours of work on it with Teddy's in all different seasons including a Bride and Groom! Anyways, she then proceeded to tell me it was a real quilt and started talking about machine quilting being no good! Oh OK, Lady, whatever you say (Note: I kept my lips zipped!!! hard to believe, right? :)).

Then next thing she was reaching and showing me these non-quilts ... yup you guessed it ... both examples just happened to be mine! And how terrible the butterflies were, all over "that" quilt! Lips stayed zipped ... though later, I thought I should have said, oh that's my quilt!

Silently I laughed ... and let it go!!
And there's your *giggle* for the day! :)

So the question of the night ... could it be possible there's something in my home that;'s getting to me? Or am I going nuts?

mirabelle 10-13-2012 03:37 PM

Oh I hope you girls are feeling better, nothing worse than not being well, I am sending my warm weather your way..

DublB so happy to hear DGM did not injure herself, what a scare it must have been.

It's back to the sewing room for me today to work on PC blocks...well that's the plan but DH might have other ideas:D