Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 42 Sunshine & Trail/Covered Wagon Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-42-sunshine-trail-covered-wagon-photo-page-t204063.html)

QuiltE 10-24-2012 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5608874)
Oh dear, I don't know anything about a Bonus Block Swap. What did I miss? Tell me :D
I'm not busy, oh no, not at all ........ :rolleyes:

Yeeeeehaw!
The general gist ... you make a block for each of the people in the swap list. I think with you we're at 12? You can make all the same blocks for everyone or can make different ones and label whom each is for. Any block pattern, finished size the same as the PC blocks. Some are planning to include them as part of their PC quilt. Some on the backing. And some a different project. Due Date not until 2013. CarrieM is coordinating and can give you the fine details!! We will be mailing all to her and then she'll shuffle them around mail the mixed set back to us.

So we can count you in, right? :)

Others ... please add in what I have forgotten to tell Anael!
And twist her arm a bit too!!!! :D

QuiltingNinaSue 10-24-2012 09:11 AM

Yes, Anael, we decided to extend the PC Trail a bit more by making a special block for each person on the PC trail...eight and half inches unfinished...our personal choice of what block to make. Anne (honchey) did not want it to interfere with PC trail, so we are finishing it up in December, and then starting officially on the bonus block in January...do not know if we are going to do a show and tell or just ship the blocks to Carrie. She has all our addresses and info to ship the complete blocks on to each of us doing the bonus blocks....I think...you would be the 12th one to join, so that makes it an even dozen to make.

I plan on adding directly to the top of my quilt; I have asked, along with some others for no white in the block, just off white or cream color... And am brainstorming about the block itself with ties back to the state of Missouri...an embroidered block with the state outlined in red and a blue bird sitting in the center of the area...done on a cream colored background. No decision yet...we do have a pattern for a Maple leaf for OuiltE, and a frog pattern for Mirabelle, if you let Carrie know, she can forward the patterns to you.

I read in a different thread that your son & wife are having triplets??? Congrats. Wow!!.

gardnergal970 10-24-2012 09:20 AM

Anael...QuiltE has covered most of the bases. This came out of talking about substitute blocks and it grew into sharing something with everyone. We'll send Carrie our blocks as well as what postage will be for her to send blocks back to us so she won't bear that expense. We'll sign the blocks with our CB signature. I was going to put them on my PC quilt but am reconsidering. A wall hanging would be on display all the time and the quilt will not. I do hope that you can join us. You do such lovely work.

QuiltE 10-24-2012 10:04 AM

Good add ons of info QNSue and GGal
... also, there was a tulip block created for you, Anael!!

However, I don't believe we have to use any of those created blocks in the swap.
For sure, I'm going to make one of each of those blocks for my quilt.

I haven't been doing the PC lately ... haven't been near my machine since the first of August!
However, I have committed that absolutely I WILL have my swap blocks done on time!! :D

I I have decided on what block ... just haven't finalized what fabrics.

Anael 10-24-2012 11:32 AM

I didn't do any PC blocks lately and didn't plan on finishing all the blocks. But I will participate in the swap. Only problem is covering postage from the US to Europe. I will talk with Carrie about that. Signing the blocks means on the front? Or on the back?
Maybe we could start a new thread for the bonus blocks in Januari?

QuiltE 10-24-2012 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5609294)
I didn't do any PC blocks lately and didn't plan on finishing all the blocks. But I will participate in the swap. Only problem is covering postage from the US to Europe. I will talk with Carrie about that. Signing the blocks means on the front? Or on the back?
Maybe we could start a new thread for the bonus blocks in Januari?

*jumping for joy*
Yipppeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://th176.photobucket.com/albums/...artoon_357.gif

I think a new thread is what was planned!
The postage issue will have to be sorted out for MiraB and myself too.

Yeeeeehawwwwww!!!!!!!!

Anael 10-24-2012 12:31 PM

:D I'm glad you're happy :D :D

Anael 10-24-2012 12:33 PM

QuiltE, when I look at the month and year we joined the board it seems to me you talk a lot LOL LOL

QuiltE 10-24-2012 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5609420)
QuiltE, when I look at the month and year we joined the board it seems to me you talk a lot LOL LOL

***blush***

I'll have to work on being quiet as a mouse!

Anael 10-24-2012 12:40 PM

Maybe I'm the one who is too quiet :p