Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club Quilt-Along wk 43 Telephone & Virginia Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-quilt-along-wk-43-telephone-virginia-discussion-page-t204534.html)

QuiltingNinaSue 11-02-2012 04:09 AM

Thanks, Carolyn, its nice to hear that Honchey has power on again!! thank goodness, they are OK. So much has happened there and so much damage done, it will take weeks to get things back like housing for 181 families whose homes are burned down. And now gasoline is scarce there, so no one can go anywhere to speak of..bridges that are down, subways filled with water...my heart goes out to them who are in need...

mirabelle 11-02-2012 04:26 AM

Carolyn thank you so much for letting us know that Honchey is ok. There were a lot of prayers said for her and everyone affected by this terrible event

gardnergal970 11-02-2012 05:43 AM

Carolyn, I echo the many thanks. I've watched every news cast and so many came from Pleasant Point Beach and the devastation was so awful. I'm glad you are safe as well.

carriem 11-02-2012 06:00 AM

So happy to hear that Honchey is alright.

I haven't been posting much this week. Was busy early in the week, worked Wednesday and then had a migraine yesterday...feeling some better today but it usually hits me in the afternoon (and is rarely just one day), so will get done what I can this morning...including checking in here. :)

Anyone working on PC Bonus blocks yet? We are up to 13 people so I think that is great!!

gardnergal970 11-02-2012 06:17 AM

Carrie...sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I have the "bones" of my blocks completed but not completely assembled. I've put it aside to work on Dresden Plate valances for a friend. I made her a table runner for house warming and she loved the colors and pattern and I got sucked into the valances. I like the way they are turning out. Just have to figure out the tabs, sandwich and quilt. Probably a couple more days of work if I do it right.

carriem 11-02-2012 05:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Felt better all in all today...got a little sewing done. I am working on samples for the quilt shop where I work. Yesterday during some of my good time I got a card made for the card club I am in...it is my month to design.

JeanieG 11-02-2012 05:49 PM

Oh wow Carrie, that is beautiful Fabric! Love your card too!

dublb 11-02-2012 06:09 PM

Oooo! How elegant! :thumbup:

mirabelle 11-03-2012 02:15 PM

Carrie I love the border print you have used, great job:thumbup:

Honchey 11-05-2012 04:27 PM

HI, I"M BACKKK!!!!!! My cable/internet came on at 6:03 p.m...this evening...8 days..no tv, no internet...my electric was back on Thursday evening... 30% of my town is still without electric...several towns over still 50% no electric... they have run out of telephone poles... a new storm coming this way again...what else can happen...I The devastation is unbelievable...heartbreaking..I have been so distracted by all of these happenings...have not done a bit of machine sewing. I did hand sew by lantern+ candle light my hex's that I English pieced in 2004...that's when I had my knee replaced...I picked them out of the shopping bag one by one...my fingers were very sore for several days...especially my thumb... My son and DH cut up a couple of downed trees in the back of the property...they were kind of dead from the storm last year...My DH is really happy the tv is back...the click, click of the remote.....ahhhh...