Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club week 20 Girl's Joy & Grandmother's Favorite Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-week-20-girls-joy-grandmothers-favorite-photo-page-t189752.html)

Honchey 05-22-2012 06:13 PM

The FWS Pony Club week 20 Girl's Joy & Grandmother's Favorite Photo Page

Thanks to all of you for showing all the great eye candy ... now you have to do it again... Okay???
I hope to have some blocks done this week...

QuiltE 05-22-2012 06:24 PM

And I can't wait to see what sweet treats are offered to us this week!

QuiltingNinaSue 05-22-2012 06:43 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Let's see if I can post a picture or two[ATTACH=CONFIG]337383[/ATTACH]Girl's joy...remembering her favorite horses and her friends horses also.

Grandmother's favorite And the saddle that maybe Grandfather won:[ATTACH=CONFIG]337384[/ATTACH] Or let everyone get back in the saddle again...Yippeee...I finished the FWSQ top today!!!!

QuiltE 05-22-2012 06:55 PM

Yipppppeeeeeeeeee for you QNSue!!!!!!! ... your FWS is all in one piece!
Happy Dance,
Everyone!!
Now off to your LAQ and we'll wait with great patience (NOT!) for it to be done, done done!!!!!!!!!

What a perfect pair of blocks you have for us this week! Great FC work done!!!
Wonder? was Grampa out gambling again?

JanieW 05-22-2012 07:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
QNS,

Every week I marvel at your fabrics. I love all those horses and bright colours.

Girl's Joy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]337388[/ATTACH]

Grandmother's Favourite
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337389[/ATTACH]

QuiltingNinaSue 05-22-2012 07:05 PM

no gambliing.... saddle bronc; riding...Cheyenne, Wyoming. Actually, it was dh grandfather in early 1910-19 years.

mirabelle 05-22-2012 11:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are my blocks for this week, I think Girl's Joy is a bit dramatic.

Congratulations QNS on finishing your FWS can't wait to see a finished pic, wonderful blocks as always this week.

JanieW what a delicate floral print you have matched with Fusions, absolutely gorgeous.

QuiltE 05-23-2012 04:32 AM

Again, QNSue ... so good to hear the stories! And another proof as to why you need to clip these notes and put them together for your DGS. Even if they are just snippets and disjointed, they tell some important family stories to be held into the future.

JanieW and MiraB ... all are so fresh and crisp and perfectly pieced.

Yes,
MiraB, that one has come out a little dramatic, though I'm sure it'll blend in and hardly be noticed for that once all are together.

gardnergal970 05-23-2012 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
QNSue..Your blocks are so very unique. I love how you adapt it to your fabric to tell your story. Great work. Also congratulations on finishing your FWQ. I can't wait to see it.

JanieW...The prints in your quilt are perfect. They don't overpower the pattern of the block like mine sometimes do. I'm learning so much by just observing how you all use your fabrics.

Mirabelle...So brave with the stripes but what a great job. Maybe dramatic but very well done.

Here are mine for the week.

QuiltE 05-23-2012 05:51 AM

GGal, don't underestimate how lovely yours are. The one this week is soft and subtle, the other has punch and life and excitement to it. They play off each other and work well. And oh so square and pointy! I too am like you and love to learn as I see others doing the same blocks. I think we get so much more benefit by doing the same project together and comparing the results!