Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club WK 21 Blocks Gold Nuggets & Gretchen Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-21-blocks-gold-nuggets-gretchen-photo-page-t190338.html)

gardnergal970 01-24-2013 06:31 PM

I'm liking them too, QuiltE!

QuiltE 01-25-2013 06:58 AM

Thanks everyone!! I always enjoy your feedback and inspiration to keep me trotting on. I'm getting my momentum back, but need to keep focused, so really appreciate what you are doing to help!! :)

OKSGlad ... I really like blue and yellow together too. My bedroom is blue, with white trim and just wee accent touch of yellow. Though that will disappear this year when I repaint. :(

JanRN ... I'm not a big red fan, though this one really has me hooked on it. It's one of the fusions, as is the blue.

CarrieM ... when PPing the only pre-cutting I do, is for FC pieces. Otherwise, I sew to the fabric, then cut it off, press, trim and onto the next piece.

Anael 01-25-2013 02:14 PM

I thought I commented on your blocks but I can't find it. So: beautiful! I love the fusion fabrics! Lovely colours.

QuiltE 01-25-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Anael (Post 5813238)
I thought I commented on your blocks but I can't find it. So: beautiful! I love the fusion fabrics! Lovely colours.

Thanks Anael ... I've had times like that. I guess I exit instead of posting!
The fusions are wonderful fabrics and have so many colour variables to them!

JeanieG 01-25-2013 08:12 PM

Fusions are my favorite! I collect them from a fabric store near me. She is not carrying as many now, but every time I go in there a I get a yard or two, she often has certain ones on sale! I carry a swatch with all the colors I have, so I can get a different one each time.

QuiltE 01-26-2013 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5813927)
Fusions are my favorite! I collect them from a fabric store near me. She is not carrying as many now, but every time I go in there a I get a yard or two, she often has certain ones on sale! I carry a swatch with all the colors I have, so I can get a different one each time.

Good idea JeanieG ... Do you stick with one of the Fusion lines? or are you collecting all the different lines? I really like them too and just might follow your sample card idea. Thanks!

JeanieG 01-26-2013 09:44 PM

I like all the Fusion line, but my favorite is the Fusion 5573 line, I like the Fusion Mist also. Such wonderful fabrics, in gorgeous colors.

QuiltE 01-27-2013 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5816500)
I like all the Fusion line, but my favorite is the Fusion 5573 line, I like the Fusion Mist also. Such wonderful fabrics, in gorgeous colors.

I don't see a lot of the 5573 when I am out and about. The Mist, obviously I like ... and all the colours! The metallic ones are really nice as the metal is subtle, and just gives a nice tonal pop with a hint of bling.

works4me 05-31-2014 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
All fabulous blocks as usual but, Honchey, holy cow that's amazing. :)

My Gretchen is complete. I used one of the fabrics I just picked up this week. I'm not sure how she feels about disembodied heads but, with a strong, old-fashioned name like Gretchen I'm sure she'll be fine. :D
[ATTACH=CONFIG]477406[/ATTACH]

Anael 05-31-2014 06:41 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure Gretchen can handle this :D I love your block. Great fabric :D :D