Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Pony Club wk 44 Verna Belle's Favorite & Villge School House Discussion Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-pony-club-wk-44-verna-belles-favorite-villge-school-house-discussion-page-t205290.html)

mirabelle 11-07-2012 07:49 PM

JeanieG I machine sew all my bindings for my charity quilts. I figure these quilts are going to get a lot of use so want them to last. It is only my good quilts that I hand sew the bindings. It is whatever works for you..

dublb 11-07-2012 08:36 PM

I like ta hand attach it sometimes, but other times I use this method.
http://www.quiltingboard.com/tutoria...ge-t77821.html

QuiltingNinaSue 11-08-2012 05:14 AM

Thanks , Dublb, I shall try that. I do use the 2 1/2 binding although used to just sew them together and turn right side out...no binding. Hands cannot hold a needle like they used too or see to thread the needle...need new glasses next spring. Last pair I got in 1999, just before my left eye blew its optic nerve. non replaceable part.

oksewglad 11-09-2012 08:53 AM

2 Attachment(s)
It never ceases to amaze me how we can all have a wide variety of on going projects. There's always one more quilt to sew.
I've been road tripping--mostly short trips but still take a chunk out of my day. The rubber tire scraper for the skidsteer broke for the last time last week--used everyday here for the past 15 plus years. DH and I went to pickup a new one. Pics ofone and one in motion. Really cleans down to the cement.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]375584[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]375585[/ATTACH]
Sunday in charge of a 4-H Silent Auction. Had made a Harvest Home small wall hanging and a quick table runner for it--didn't take time for pics. Finished my 3 small quilts for AAQI too. I used red with cream or white in them. Have a Christmas wall hanging to finish for a wedding on the 17th as well.
Tomorrow DH and I taking a road trip to N Wisconsin--going to look at a couple of cows for sale. Will be good to see the owners as they are very good friends as well. Always something going on around here.

Honchey 11-09-2012 09:51 PM

Hi Guys, Athena didn't treat me so well....It was another nightmare...We lost electric again...It got real cold...13" of snow..Our youngest grandson spent the night with us...he weathered the storm quite well...He slept thru it all...Trees fell all over the roads and were blocked so we could't get him home...2 trees fell on the house...we were in bed when they came down...DH said it sounded like being in a war zone...the weight of the snow was too much for the trees that still had leaves on them...We won't know if there's any damage to the roof until the trees are removed....no leaks so far.. the electric came on late this evening...I'm just so tired of heating water to wash dishes. make coffee, kettles on the wood stove..sponge baths etc...I'm going to sleep with my electric blanket on tonite...I may stay in bed all day tomorrow...I know I shouldn't complain...so many without everything...this is such a tradegy for them...

JeanieG 11-09-2012 10:28 PM

So sorry you suffered tree damage Anne, and so thankful you and your loved ones are ok! Hope your roof survived too! Gosh, you have had more than your share of weather already this winter! Hopefully the rest of the season will be nice to you!

mirabelle 11-10-2012 04:35 AM

Thinking of you Anne, I hope things get a lot better for you and everyone else

janRN 11-10-2012 05:36 AM

Anne, glad you and your family are okay. Watching the pics on the Weather Channel just amazed me at the power of Mother Nature. While you were getting Athena, we're having 60* days and we're not that far from each other. Stay warm and safe (yep, get under that electric blanket).

QuiltingNinaSue 11-10-2012 05:59 AM

Yep, count your blessings while muttering under your breath...Anne...say another prayer or two and cuddle under that electric blanket with fleeced PJs. Your situation is temporary and its not in a storm shelter. My GM raised us two kids up into that environment when she was over 45 and we mere babies...no relief for her, but things will get back to normal there soon. Remember there are families that choose to live without electrical hook ups in their homes year around. As long as family is OK and healthy, you are blessed.

oksewglad 11-10-2012 06:13 PM

Anne, this has been like adding insult to injury! Hopefully the snow will melt soon, but then melted snow on unfrozen ground is always mushy and gooey. Times like these makes us appreciate the conveniences we tend to take for granted.
DH and I did road trip today 8 hours round trip with a great 3 hour visit in between--I'm beat. Dare not go to bed now as I will wake up later and then toss and turn rest of the night. Did get the binding sewn on a little mini. Maybe will get pics taken and post later.