Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/fws-quilt-along-update-page-t151010.html)

JeanieG 02-26-2012 08:27 PM

Oh Quilt E I just love that gold leaf fabric, it is just wonderful! I am so anxious to see the green surrounding your blocks. How fun to see if finally going together.

QuiltE 02-26-2012 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by janRN (Post 5011558)
Ooh, ooh very pretty QE!! Love both those colors. I really like Michael Miller Krystal fabrics, too-perfect blenders. Now, get off the board and back to sashing LOL!!!

Hey there
JanRN! I will have you know that I WAS OFF the Board!!!! *giggles* .... and can say that I am now more than 1/2 way done the 2 sides of sashing for all the blocks. Have been placing them on my design wall as I get a bunch done. And OMG have I been getting excited as I see those sashes going on. You don't think they are going to change the blocks much, but man oh man, they sure do!!! :)

Pretty nice stuff, those Krystals, aren't they? :)
Much appreciated, all your oooooohs!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JeanieG (Post 5011861)
Oh Quilt E I just love that gold leaf fabric, it is just wonderful! I am so anxious to see the green surrounding your blocks. How fun to see if finally going together.

Thanks
JeanieG ..... I bought that fabric quite awhile ago expecting to use it and did include it in a couple of the blocks. I fell in love with it and knew that even if I didn't use it in this quilt, I loved it enough to use for something else. The other colours of it are pretty nice too. It's a Timeless Treasure fabric. You can say FUN again! .... I thought I was going to find the sashing to be long and boring, but OMG not at all, as it's been so motivating to want to keep on ... and on!! :)

oksewglad 02-26-2012 08:41 PM

Did you hear the ahhh- and then a sigh from Iowa?

QuiltE 02-26-2012 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad (Post 5011886)
Did you hear the ahhh- and then a sigh from Iowa?

I did OKSGlad! ; *blush* ... and with my PCs for this coming week done, I can stay focused on FWS for now.
Did you find your sewing machine this weekend? :)

Y'all .... be ready with your Coach's Comments when I show the tentative layout in the next few days! :)

dublb 02-26-2012 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5011898)
Y'all .... be ready with your Coach's Comments when I show the tentative layout in the next few days! :)

I can't wait!!......are ya done yet?.......are ya done yet?.......are ya done yet?....... He he. Just kidding. Seriously I'm looking forward ta seein' it!

QuiltE 02-27-2012 06:26 AM

So am I ..... in the meantime though, I get the sneak previews that you don't!

*hint* ... Patience!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

nickylsf 02-27-2012 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 5012526)

Hi Quilt E, I am looking forward to the sneak preview!

I need to continue with my FWS but am busy completing the layout for the 2011 BOM Houses quilt. I am having a great time with that, making many additional paper pieced blocks, 6" and 6" x 12", to make the quilt larger. But it has been time consuming.

nickylsf 02-27-2012 08:06 AM

I need to continue with my FWS but am busy completing the layout for the 2011 BOM Houses quilt. I am having a great time with that, making many additional paper pieced blocks, 6" and 6" x 12", to make the quilt larger. But it has been time consuming.

QuiltE 02-27-2012 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by nickylsf (Post 5012873)

We'll be looking forward to seeing your Houses! .... and then you can get back into FWS production!
I have a UFO of many scrappy houses that has been waiting, and waiting. I got stumped on what to do with them and so it has sat. I have vowed it WILL get made this year, probably into two lap quilts.

dublb 02-27-2012 04:11 PM

I know that I don't have enough patience. :o Do take your time. It'll be great when your done.:)