Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 227

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Update Page

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    Hi Everyone, I'm hoping y'all are doin ok.. I'm sure you can tell I'm in the "South" right now. Anyone finish their quilts/tops? I'm still working on mine....the threads have been kind of quiet and I'm sure it's been because of the holiday weekend plus the unpredictable weather..... I mailed out the form for the Pony book today. Tomorrow is the deadline to get the extra $3 plus free media shipping. Take care, Anne

  2. #2
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    I have been working on adding the triangle setting pieces to each block. Ran out of the heat bond to connect the batting pieces, and close to running out of the batting. But still in there.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Tyler, Texas
    Posts
    69
    I have finished my top and love it. I don't know how to post pictures or I would. I. Rome my leg two weeks ago Nd my sewing room is upstairs so I won't be sewing door a while. that's Ok since my quilting frame is downstairs And I ha e. Quilt in it that I need to finish. Dolores

  4. #4
    Super Member Evie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,754
    Blog Entries
    17
    I'm finally getting my blocks sorted out and in an order I like. Will be cutting and sewing the sashing and triangles soon. (In between other projects? :) ) Maybe I'll get it done in time for Christmas (my gift to me and in time to stary the Pony quilt)!

  5. #5
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,811
    ~~~~
    waves of Hello!!!!!!!
    ~~~~
    to all my FWS friends ... soon I will have my life back and can get serious on the FWS. And now that I have a new machine I have no excuses!! :) It'll sew twice as fast, right? :P

    Just ordered my Pony Club book this morning, so I won't miss out on one moment of what's to come!!! :)

  6. #6
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    4,911
    Other priorities have interferred with finishing the king sized FWSQ right now; canning peaches & apples; freezing squash; doing grape jelly and green tomato jam.

    Helping dh with the loss of his 93 year old Father; gosh, we miss him. His Iowa trophy deer & certificate looks right at home in our living room. Using his clothles to make the grands and great grands a foot quilt.

    Hope to have the top of the FWSQ done by Christmas. Have re-made several blocks, seven blocks to go to make it king sized. Have the sashing to finish and sew the rows together. One step at a time, an inch at at time until I can finish it.

  7. #7
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,010
    Still moving the squares around on my display board. Hopefully will decide soon so I can sew on the sashing and cornerstones.

  8. #8
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    QuiltingNina Sue - You are sure busy and a giving person, I might add. Can't wait to see your quilt.

  9. #9
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Hi friends. I got my FWS-PC book yesterday and only had a few minutes to flip through it. The first block has 16 y-seams. Hmmm.....
    Hope everyone is well and working to finish up FWS-missing the eye candy every Tuesday!

  10. #10
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Hi friends. I got my FWS-PC book yesterday and only had a few minutes to flip through it. The first block has 16 y-seams. Hmmm.....
    Hope everyone is well and working to finish up FWS-missing the eye candy every Tuesday!

    Gulp......I think paper piecing may be in order for this one! I keep watching my mailbox for the book, not here yet.

  11. #11
    Senior Member PiecesinMn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    442
    I have 30 blocks done. Not much I know. Love doing the project but the house has been one project after another after another and there went productivity. I miss the weekly pictures of everyone blocks. I'm not sure I'll do the pony one at this point. I feel I need to get this done first, but I'll sure be looking in on the project. I might just get the book so I can start whenever. Even though my progress has been slow (less than one block a week) I do want to express my thanks for all the work that people have done especially the writing of the rotary instructions, what a life saver!!! I like all the discussion threads because that has been a huge help as well and the pictures just for pure enjoyment and inspiration. This has been a wonderful experience and wonderful group.

  12. #12
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by PiecesinMn
    I have 30 blocks done. Not much I know. Love doing the project but the house has been one project after another after another and there went productivity. I miss the weekly pictures of everyone blocks. I'm not sure I'll do the pony one at this point. I feel I need to get this done first, but I'll sure be looking in on the project. I might just get the book so I can start whenever. Even though my progress has been slow (less than one block a week) I do want to express my thanks for all the work that people have done especially the writing of the rotary instructions, what a life saver!!! I like all the discussion threads because that has been a huge help as well and the pictures just for pure enjoyment and inspiration. This has been a wonderful experience and wonderful group.
    Awww how nice you are! You just keep at it and you'll be done one of these days. No hurry, just enjoy the time you spend on the blocks. I'm sure your quilt will turn out as lovely as all those that have finished.

    I feel far behind now myself, even though all the blocks are done. I've got to the finish the border on the first half of my quilt, and have not started putting my blocks together for the second half. Oh well, I'll get there!

  13. #13
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    4,911
    Everyone here has been wonderful with encouraging words and displaying beautiful blocks each week for a year. Gosh,I do miss that. I will drop by and see everyone's blocks for the pony quilt.

    Promised a good friend I would start with her on a Civil War Journal BOM in Ferurary with the Quilted Kitty of Lincoln, NE. (I hope that is OK to mentions the name of the shop). She loves the quilt patterns and the reproduction fabrics of historical times.

  14. #14
    Super Member mirabelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    2,654
    Hello everyone, I have ordered my Pony Club book, can't wait to get it. It might take a little longer to get to me though :cry: I have also organised my fabric so I am good to go (in the New Year) :?
    I have my FWS top together with backing and wadding ready to start quilting, but unfortunately other things are taking priority.
    My club has made over 70 childrens quilts for the victims of Cyclone Yasi since April and that has kept me pretty busy. We delivered the last 25 today. Now we start making more quilts for the Childrens Ward at our Hospital.
    I am hoping to finish my quilt for Christmas, before I start another sew along.
    I also miss posting my blocks every week and seeing everyone eye candy, it has been a pleasure to be part of such a wonderful group of ladies :thumbup:

  15. #15
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    I'm sort of "stuck" now with my blocks all completed and no good way to finish them...I will be patient and see what happens. I am really looking forward to finishing this one...some of these blocks were such a difficult challenge for me!

  16. #16
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    I'm sort of "stuck" now with my blocks all completed and no good way to finish them...I will be patient and see what happens. I am really looking forward to finishing this one...some of these blocks were such a difficult challenge for me!
    Your blocks were such beauties, what do you mean "no good way to finish them"?

  17. #17
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    I agree, RW-your blocks are great. I can't wait to see them all together.

  18. #18
    Super Member deranged_damsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    1,336
    Hi everyone! :D

    I am still pluggin away at handstitching mine...

    I have been ALOT disstracted, Peach Jam, two Daughter BDays, and BABIES!!! we have two more expected this year and I think I went all out!!! Quilts (of course), knit blankies, crochet sweaters and overalls, fleece booties, flannel blankies, flannel burpclothes, and knit burp clothes and this new thing called a LOVIE only 20 inchs or so with flannel on one side and minkie on the other :D and I think I will make a matching teddy bear :D :D :D

    I hope everyone is doing well ;)

  19. #19
    Super Member rwquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the west that I love!
    Posts
    3,680
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    I'm sort of "stuck" now with my blocks all completed and no good way to finish them...I will be patient and see what happens. I am really looking forward to finishing this one...some of these blocks were such a difficult challenge for me!
    Your blocks were such beauties, what do you mean "no good way to finish them"?
    I mean that my design wall is tiny and even if I moved everything out of my living room, I wouldn't have space enough to lay out these blocks...simply an issue of room, but that's okay...one of these days my DH will retire and we will be moving and I will have a larger room! In the meantime, I am drooling over everyone's beautiful quilts! :)

  20. #20
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    I haven't even begun to lay mine out yet. I ran out of seam tape for the batting. Ordered from Jo-Anns so when it gets here, I will be back adding the setting triangles.

  21. #21
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,010
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    I'm sort of "stuck" now with my blocks all completed and no good way to finish them...I will be patient and see what happens. I am really looking forward to finishing this one...some of these blocks were such a difficult challenge for me!
    I know rwquilts, I think they were a challenge for all of us. We all learned something new in making this quilt. I got the sashing, cornerstones and triangles all cut out yesterday. Still moving those blocks around and around and around on my display board. I think I have them finalized and find that the ones with the butterfly centers are right next to another one. Awwwww! Move that one, then find the colors are right up to another with the same colors. It seems to go on and on! :-P

  22. #22
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,811
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    [I mean that my design wall is tiny and even if I moved everything out of my living room, I wouldn't have space enough to lay out these blocks...simply an issue of room, but that's okay...one of these days my DH will retire and we will be moving and I will have a larger room! In the meantime, I am drooling over everyone's beautiful quilts! :)
    By chance do you have a patio door or picture window? And could hang a flannelette sheet from the curtain rod, then pin on your blocks?
    Or someone took them to the park?
    Or access to a community/church hall etc. to put together your layout?

    You've come too far, to not keep on motoring along with this!! :lol:

  23. #23
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    Quote Originally Posted by rwquilts
    I'm sort of "stuck" now with my blocks all completed and no good way to finish them...I will be patient and see what happens. I am really looking forward to finishing this one...some of these blocks were such a difficult challenge for me!
    Your blocks were such beauties, what do you mean "no good way to finish them"?
    I mean that my design wall is tiny and even if I moved everything out of my living room, I wouldn't have space enough to lay out these blocks...simply an issue of room, but that's okay...one of these days my DH will retire and we will be moving and I will have a larger room! In the meantime, I am drooling over everyone's beautiful quilts! :)
    I did mine a few rows at a time. Are you doing yours on point? I did mine on point and, starting with top left, I put as many as would fit on my design wall (which is essentially 52" square because I can't reach all the way to the top even standing on my tiptoes). When I was happy with the layout of top left corner (9 blocks), I played around with the next few rows ... laid out on my cutting table, which is 40" x 72". I could only lay out about 3 rows on the cutting table, and as the rows got longer, the blocks overlapped, but that was o.k. I made sure that the blocks in the rows I had already sewn and the ones next to be sewn looked o.k. next to one another. After the long rows were done, I reverted back to the original method and put the bottom shorter rows on the design wall.

    Frankly, I decided that laying all the blocks out at once (if I had had the space to do so) probably would be at least as maddening and frustrating as the method I used. It did occur to me more than once that I would be left with a handful of blocks that didn't fit anywhere ... and, in fact, I did have some ornery ones, but managed in the end to re-make only one block and all the rest fit in o.k.

  24. #24
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    I have my blocks in a plastic baggie and it's been traveling with me wherever I go and I have yet to take them out of the bag. I too have an area problem...I'm trying to remember who it was that layed out their blocks on a king size sheet ..pinned them then folded up the sheet to put it away without disturbing the blocks. Sounds pretty good to me. I' will try to make time too do that when I get home from NC. Anner

  25. #25
    Senior Member violetsfarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Originally Oklahoma
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by violetsfarm
    I haven't even begun to lay mine out yet. I ran out of seam tape for the batting. Ordered from Jo-Anns so when it gets here, I will be back adding the setting triangles.
    Received my order from Jo-Anns of seam tape and batting, so now I am back in business.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.