Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 319

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

  1. #1
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    WooHoo, YAY, We Did It!!!

    Okay Ladies, SHOW YOUR STUFF !!!

  2. #2
    Super Member Honchey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts
    3,893
    I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne

  3. #3
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne
    The important part is that you are safe after Irene left town!

  4. #4
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne
    The important part is that you are safe after Irene left town!
    I second that; I've been thinking about you while Irene was wreaking havoc.

    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  5. #5
    Super Member Murphy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    1,544
    Blog Entries
    2
    I love it. Your colors are rich and I like the warm border. I look forward to creating one based on the efforts and problem solving done by you pioneers in this quilt along.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    I cannot contribute to this page yet...as soon as I get a row, Yes, I said row done I will post it. Irene blew thru here and took the electic with her for a few days, We just got it back. Anne
    The important part is that you are safe after Irene left town!
    I second that; I've been thinking about you while Irene was wreaking havoc.

    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.

  6. #6
    Super Member Rann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valdosta GA
    Posts
    1,963
    Lo it. If you don't want it, I will send you my address}:o)

  7. #7
    Super Member Rann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valdosta GA
    Posts
    1,963
    Lo it. If you don't want it, I will send you my address}:o)

  8. #8
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,121
    [quote=weezieI am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.[/quote]

    Ooooh I do like that!! ..... Knowing that the colours are not always "right" when we see them here online, what colour are your setting triangles? terra cotta? rust? brown? or?? And your cornerstones are a light beige/stone? They don't predominate, rather enhance the block colours and designs. Well done, indeed!

    I too am learning from the "pioneers", for when my time comes to pull it all together! :)

  9. #9
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Thanks for compliments, Y'all. I completely re-did the Railroad block and am pleased with the new version; I re-worked Rail Fence to take away from its swastika look and re-worked Century of Progress, because the original block is just too weird. I left the remaining 108 blocks in their original state, although I must confess the bright red one makes me cringe.

    QuiltE: The brown sashing & border has little coral colored flowers in it; the large triangles are a somewhat darker coral, with a lighter coral scroll throughout; the cornerstones are the exact same Legacy Studios scroll fabric, but is cream colored with a tan scroll. It all pulls together very well (she said modestly), but the photo does not show that.

    Where's everybody's else's finished top photos??????? Why are you keeping me waiting????

  10. #10
    Power Poster QuiltE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    15,121
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    QuiltE: The brown sashing & border has little coral colored flowers in it; the large triangles are a somewhat darker coral, with a lighter coral scroll throughout; the cornerstones are the exact same Legacy Studios scroll fabric, but is cream colored with a tan scroll. It all pulls together very well (she said modestly), but the photo does not show that.

    Where's everybody's else's finished top photos??????? Why are you keeping me waiting????
    Nice blending of your fabrics!!!!!!!
    If only we could see accurate colours, wouldn't it be nice?

    (says she who is a lllllllllllllllllong way from even thinking of joining blocks!)

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    736
    I like it a lot! What an accomplishment!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    736
    I like it a lot! What an accomplishment!

  13. #13
    Super Member madamekelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Central Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    6,831
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.[/quote]

    Your quilt reminds me of old Persian tile work. It is gorgeous!

  14. #14
    Super Member janRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    western Pa
    Posts
    4,601
    Weezie, what's not to like???? I love it. I like the border fabric you chose. It really highlights all your blocks. And your blocks all work so well together. I love the diagonal setting. Can you tell I really, really, really like your quilt?? Great job--I'm clapping for you and patting you on your back. So glad you were part of this group-you encouraged me and taught me along the way. Thank you!!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Belles.hold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hickory Hills, IL
    Posts
    437
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.
    It turned out to be a stunning quilt, unique, warm, interesting and beautifully color coordinated. Be very proud of your accomplishment. Belles

  16. #16
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking
    I like it a lot! What an accomplishment!
    Thank you! The blocks were really fun to make and the process a great learning treat.

  17. #17
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by madamekelly
    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.
    Your quilt reminds me of old Persian tile work. It is gorgeous![/quote]

    Thank you very much! It's colorful, I'll say that for it!

  18. #18
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Murphy 1 ... you go, girl!! I feel certain you will enjoy constructing this quilt. I'm glad you like mine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy1
    I love it. Your colors are rich and I like the warm border. I look forward to creating one based on the efforts and problem solving done by you pioneers in this quilt along.

  19. #19
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Weezie, what's not to like???? I love it. I like the border fabric you chose. It really highlights all your blocks. And your blocks all work so well together. I love the diagonal setting. Can you tell I really, really, really like your quilt?? Great job--I'm clapping for you and patting you on your back. So glad you were part of this group-you encouraged me and taught me along the way. Thank you!!
    Hi Jan and thank you very much. How are you coming along with yours? Unlike mine, which has been banished to a plastic box for a while, yours will be all quilted when we see the photo.

  20. #20
    Super Member weezie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Douglas County, GA
    Posts
    1,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Belles
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    I am going to post my quilt top photo now. I can't decide if I like it or not, but at least I don't dislike it.
    It turned out to be a stunning quilt, unique, warm, interesting and beautifully color coordinated. Be very proud of your accomplishment. Belles
    Thank you, Belles. To tell you the truth, I was pretty thrilled that I managed to get all the blocks & rows sewn together without going completely bonkers ... I say this because each of the blocks were to be exactly 6-1/2" square and, unfortunately, some of mine were just a tad too big and others a tad too small. I had to "encourage" them to fit together and they cooperated quite well.

  21. #21
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Thank you, Belles. To tell you the truth, I was pretty thrilled that I managed to get all the blocks & rows sewn together without going completely bonkers ... I say this because each of the blocks were to be exactly 6-1/2" square and, unfortunately, some of mine were just a tad too big and others a tad too small. I had to "encourage" them to fit together and they cooperated quite well.[/quote]

    My blocks are the same, just a tad off here and there. When I did my 1st half, I was able to pull them to match the sashing strips. I will be working with my 2nd half of the quilt when I get home, and I'm sure I'll have the same problem!

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    901
    I love your quilt. Great job. I have not purchased this book yet, but it may be in my future.

  23. #23
    Super Member QuiltingNinaSue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Hartford, Mo
    Posts
    5,016
    Well, my fwsq is a work in progress; not finisihed yet. I keep looking at it on the display wall and redoing some blocks that just jump out at me like storm warning done with a white background.... Its redone now. Plus I need six to eight more; have 7 auditioning for those spots. May be I should post them back in the appropiate numbered block show.

    Yes, Anne I am glad you are save from Irene.

    fwsq work in progress
    Name:  Attachment-249550.jpe
Views: 698
Size:  71.2 KB

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,142
    I love it. Love all the different blocks. So pretty.

  25. #25
    Super Member JeanieG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Camarillo, CA
    Posts
    4,054
    Both of you Weezie and QNS, your quilts are spectacular!

    That display board you have QNS is awesome. Don't have a wall that size available in my sewing room - I'm in awe!

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.