Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

Absolutely spectacular!!! I LOVE LOVE IT.
    Hugs
    April

Jan & Jeanne: I've drooled over your blocks the entire time and now the quilts! Wowweee! They are drop dead gorgeous. What beautiful colors and work. You must be so happy. Congratulations!

Thank you, QN. I learned so much doing this quilt-I'm a much better piecer than I was. I also had so much fun-you've all been great for laughs and inspiration and encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
    Jan & Jeanne: I've drooled over your blocks the entire time and now the quilts! Wowweee! They are drop dead gorgeous. What beautiful colors and work. You must be so happy. Congratulations!
    Thank you so much! I really enjoyed doing this quilt, and like Jan said I have learned so much! My piecing is much more accurate now. I used theme type prints in my two lap quilts for FWS, so I knew they all "matched", but am going scrappy for this next one. Really looking forward to January!

I'm still gathering inspiration from all the FW-ers. I have all the links to the blocks from QB. When it's time to make a block, I pull up that page and look at all your examples. That helps me decide how I want to do my block.

I was thinking of doing the PC in old red white and blue...off-white, rusty red and whatever you call that blue. Don't know now that I've heard about pony and cowboy fabric. I figured I'd start gathering pony etc stuff and see where I'm at when I start the quilt.

Blog Entries
    I like it. The border and the setting triangles are so complimentary to the whole quilt.

I see all the work that went into making this quilt and it looks great!

Blog Entries
    Here is my completed FWS quilt. I hope the colors show up. I finished mine last week, but wasn't able to get a picture until today. All the quilts shown so far are just beautiful. All the different colors are just amazing how they turned out. Great job to all the ladies that are doing this quilt. Thank you Anne for leading us through this year. Some of the blocks have been easy and some I don't ever care to do again. But it was great working with all the ladies of this group.

finished quilt
    Name:  Attachment-266985.jpe
Views: 1148
Size:  113.8 KB

2nd picture
    Name:  Attachment-266986.jpe
Views: 1075
Size:  107.7 KB

Oh GrannyQ that's absolutely gorgeous .... and I can only imagine how breath-taking it is IRL!!!

Now you have me wondering what you will do for the Pony Club? Will it be a one colour study as well?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Oh GrannyQ that's absolutely gorgeous .... and I can only imagine how breath-taking it is IRL!!!

Now you have me wondering what you will do for the Pony Club? Will it be a one colour study as well?
    I don't know yet what colors. I have tons of blue, green, & of course purple. Four of my grands wanted quilts made with blue fabric, one green, and one rose & pinks. I have lots of pieces of fabric left over so I might just use a most of them.

Oh my!! That is absolutely gorgeous. I loved all your blocks all along but just couldn't picture the entire quilt. Wow--it is fantastic. You really are good with contrast and using just the right colors in the blocks. I'm with QuiltE--you're making me think of a one color quilt if I do Pony Club.
    Congrats on a job well done!!! I've so loved following your blocks and am so happy to see them all together.

GrannyQ, I am speechless!!! This quilt is just so so...I can't think of a word big enough to express the beauty of this work of art. I hope you enter it somewhere...It deserves the grand prize..Best of Show. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with for the Pony Club.

Quote Originally Posted by janRN
    Oh my!! That is absolutely gorgeous. I loved all your blocks all along but just couldn't picture the entire quilt. Wow--it is fantastic. You really are good with contrast and using just the right colors in the blocks. I'm with QuiltE--you're making me think of a one color quilt if I do Pony Club.
    Congrats on a job well done!!! I've so loved following your blocks and am so happy to see them all together.
    Though we might be copycats!
    I'll confess I was thinking of blues or greens ... or maybe two main colours with add ins? I SO want to eat up my stash instead of purchasing fabrics.

Blog Entries
    Quilt E, Jan, Anne, Thank you for the lovely comments. It was a fun journey.

You have to make your avatar the new quilt. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Honchey
    You have to make your avatar the new quilt. :P
    I'll second that!

GrannyQ ... you deserve bigger compliments than we can ever give!

Wow that is truly spectacular grannyQ! Lavender is one of my favorite colors as well! You did a wonderful job putting it all together! I just love it!

I'm so glad your going to be joining us on The Pony Club Quilt as I enjoy seeing your blocks each week.

You finished the whole thing already, I still have to sandwich and quilt my second half!

GrannyQ, your quilt is spectacular!! Thanks for sharing! It's very motivating for those of us still plodding along to see all of the completed works of art. :-D :-D

GrannyQ
    What an absolutely stunning quilt! Your individual blocks were always so well done. I couldn't imagine how a quilt of just one color could be done. But yours makes me speechless.

You should definitely enter it in a big contest. Out on the west coast we have PIQF (pacific international quilt shoe) which is next week. In January we have Road to California. PIQF is put on by Mancuso and they do quilt shows all over the country. I've seen quilts that people in my guild have entered in both and yours is top notch.

Congratulations on such a excellent job! It's been so much fun going through this process with you!

Blog Entries
    GrannieQ, your quilt turned out beautiful! I know I commented all along how wonderful your purple blocks were, and seeing them all together -- WOW! Thank you, and all of you who have posted your beautiful completed quilts, for the eye candy. Can't wait for the next project, even though I haven't finished my FWS yet. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    GrannieQ, your quilt turned out beautiful! I know I commented all along how wonderful your purple blocks were, and seeing them all together -- WOW! Thank you, and all of you who have posted your beautiful completed quilts, for the eye candy. Can't wait for the next project, even though I haven't finished my FWS yet. :cry:
    That is okay Evie, I'm right along with you. Seems "things" keep getting in the way of getting my second half sandwiched and quilted. I've been working on a table runner and potholders for a wedding shower, then we went on a camping trip, now leaving for Phoenix for a week. But.....I'm going to get that quilt finished, it just is going to be a couple of weeks yet!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all the comments on my quilt. This is one that is not being given away, I also am going to make a bed skirt to go with it. This is my DH favorite color, mine is blue and the quilt in my avatar is the one I made from the money I received when I retired. I still haven't finished quilting it yet. Everone's quilts are really pretty, and its so nice to see all the colors picked out.

I just changed the avatar picture.

Blog Entries
    JeanieG, since the FWS is for me I keep putting it aside to work on other projects: two birthday quilts (due next week) and getting four quilts ready for Christmas (I'm slow!). Also was gone for a week to Las Vegas and to Payson, AZ. I miss camping, something my late husband and I used to do at least once a month.

grannyQ, love it that you changed your avatar. Your purple FWS deserves to be seen by all!

I know that some of you were quilting each of your FWS blocks separately. I'm planning to do the same thing. My question is, somebody said they were quilting the block and the batting only. I wondered what they were going to do with the backing, since the quilting wouldn't be there?

Curious Quilting Nonnie

Hi QN: I quilted my blocks and batting. Then I added the sashing and sewed rows of blocks. I sewed 3 rows together then added the backing to that section. I then quilted the sashing and cornerstones in that section. I added the other 2 sections of 3 rows and did the same. I handstitched the backing together where the sections joined. Does that make sense? It worked for me. There's not much quilting on the back-just the sashing and cornerstones so it just looks like a large grid on the back. I did my borders the same way. It was easier to do than try to type this--I hope I make sense to you LOL!

I plan on doing Pony Club quilt the same way. I have chronic tendonitis in my shoulders and just can't manage a large quilt on my small machine (getting old sucks). I also have a tendency to not finish quilt tops--this way I got it done.

Blog Entries
    And a good job you did of it, Jan! Your quilt is beautiful.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast