Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The FWS Quilt-Along Completed Quilt/Top Photo/Discussion Page

Thanks! I wouldn't want to have this quilt machine quilted. I've planned to QAYG all along. I have a king size quilt (that was supposed to be queen size) that I'm quilting on a hoop right now. It is way too much fabric to move around.

I figure on the FW I'll put four blocks together with sashing, put it in my hoop and quilt it. We'll see when I get to the planning stages!

Good luck Nonnie-can't wait to see it. I envy people who can do a whole quilt at one time; I get too discouraged so end up with too may tops that just need to be quilted. I enjoyed QAYG.

Evie--thank you for the compliments. Everyone has been so kind and encouraging.

Blog Entries
    Granny Q, your quilt is beyond beautiful!!! It's stunning!!!!! I love, love, love it!!! In case you're in the least bit of doubt, let me make this clear...I ADORE YOUR SPECTACULAR QUILT!!!!!

:):):)

Blog Entries
    These finished tops are so inspirational. I like the idea of QAYG. Maybe the only way I would get mine done. Thanks to all the talented people who have shown off their quilts. I hope to see more, right QuiltE?

GrannyQ, somehow I "fell out of the information loop", so today is the first time since Oct. 2 that I've gotten a post on this subject, so I just saw for the first time your finished quilt top. It is lovely. You've done wonders with all those shades of purple/lavender. The triangle/border fabric is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanieG
    Well, here is the 2nd half of my quilt. Finally finished, but not quilted yet. The border and sashings are a cream color, they photographed lighter.
    JeanieG ... somehow I missed this one earlier. I'm totally taken with your colours!! Beautiful.

You mentioned that it's the 2nd ... Can you please show me where you posted the 1st half? Sure would like to see it as well!! THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by oksewglad
    These finished tops are so inspirational. I like the idea of QAYG. Maybe the only way I would get mine done. Thanks to all the talented people who have shown off their quilts. I hope to see more, right QuiltE?
    Yes ... I am sitting here anxiously awaiting to see other FWS finish up, as I work on mine.

I've been thinkint QAYG, though I need some practice on it first before I commit to that. With all the work that this is, can I learn the technique well enough to do my piecing work justice? Or I might be opt to send it off to LAQ? or handquilter? Long time before I need to make these decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltE
    Yes ... I am sitting here anxiously awaiting to see other FWS finish up, as I work on mine.

I've been thinkint QAYG, though I need some practice on it first before I commit to that. With all the work that this is, can I learn the technique well enough to do my piecing work justice? Or I might be opt to send it off to LAQ? or handquilter? Long time before I need to make these decisions!
    I am a fairly new quilter. When I started, I quilted a small 20x20 wallhanging. Then I quilted a larger wall hanging. My third was a full-size quilt. I did these in the evenings watching television. I have a queen size quilt I'm working on now and, believe me, that's the last time I will every try something so large on a lap hoop! That's why I decided to do FWS QAYG. I'm just going to put together 6x6 blocks with sashing and then quilt along like that and in the end put it all together.

With the practice I've been doing in the last couple of years I'm ready to do the FWS. Not that my quilting is perfect by any means.

If you start quilting now, you'll have a year of practice under your belt before you have to quilt.

Well, here is the 2nd half of my quilt. Finally finished, but not quilted yet. The border and sashings are a cream color, they photographed lighter.
    JeanieG ... somehow I missed this one earlier. I'm totally taken with your colours!! Beautiful.

You mentioned that it's the 2nd ... Can you please show me where you posted the 1st half? Sure would like to see it as well!! THANKS!
    Here is the 1st half flimsy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is the 1st half flimsy!
    That looks so rich with the deep reds and greens. The sand (colour??) fits so well with them for the sashings and borders.

Blog Entries
    Jeanie, it's lovely! But where's the Christmas-fabrics first-half? Didn't you say it was going to be for your DH?

Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Jeanie, it's lovely! But where's the Christmas-fabrics first-half? Didn't you say it was going to be for your DH?
    LOL, Evie this is the Christmas Fabric first half. It is a Moda Fabric called Northwoods Botanical. I did not notice that it was a Christamas fabric until someone brought it to my attention. I just liked the colors and thought they would look great in my living room. I have finished quilting it, and DH loves it. I just started quilting the 2nd half quilt. I will post both "quilted" halves when I finish the 2nd one.

Blog Entries
    Weezie, Thank you for the lovely comment on my purple quilt. I really enjoyed doing this. From my other quilts it seems like I pick a variety of fabric in the same color family. I made 4 Dresden plate quilts. 2 green fabrics, 1 blue fabrics and 1 mauve & pink fafrics for my 4 children for Christmas last year. They were all queen size.

JeanieG, Your red and green quilt is so beautiful. I really like it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    LOL, Evie this is the Christmas Fabric first half. It is a Moda Fabric called Northwoods Botanical. I did not notice that it was a Christamas fabric until someone brought it to my attention. I just liked the colors and thought they would look great in my living room. I have finished quilting it, and DH loves it. I just started quilting the 2nd half quilt. I will post both "quilted" halves when I finish the 2nd one.
    Lovely. When you split the blocks into 2 groups how big are you quilts? Since I'm only a half dozen blocks in that might be a good option for me.

Lovely. When you split the blocks into 2 groups how big are you quilts? Since I'm only a half dozen blocks in that might be a good option for me.
    I followed the directions on page 245 in the book. It is 57" X 67". Just decided that I could use two lap size rather than one queen size.

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

Thanks.
    Two laps will be fine ... just don't go and start thinking of skipping out at half time. Just.Won't.Allow.It!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

For those that don't have all the previous block threads popping up with new posts .... My 73+74 and 89+90 are now up.

Both had one that I'd done in June and then a new one.
    One more lonely one, I think it's 64, to find a mate ..... then I'll start doing them more in order.

And somewhere today, I said I had the first 14 done. Brain misfired!!! 13+14 are done, but 7 thru 12 are not! I think I have a total of 17 done now. Long.Way.To.Go!!!

Maybe I'll take JanRN's thought ..... 17 potholders? :)

Maybe I'll take JanRN's thought ..... 17 potholders? :)
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks.
    Two laps will be fine ... just don't go and start thinking of skipping out at half time. Just.Won't.Allow.It!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    This woman will keep me on task!!!! :roll:

Thanks.
    This woman will keep me on task!!!! :roll:
    *giggles*
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnd your job is to keep me from waivering to far astray as well!

ahhhhh The Power of Two Farm Women!!!!!!

Finally Finished - Both Halves of FWS Quilt!

Ok everyone - here they are - both halves of my quilt - finally finished!!!! Yeah!Name:  Farmers Wife 2nd half quilted.JPG
Views: 1138
Size:  90.1 KBName:  Farmers Wife 1st half Quilted.JPG
Views: 1142
Size:  81.5 KB

Yahoo, I did it - Uploaded two photos! Hooray for me!!!

Blog Entries
    And both are very strikingly beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    I donate quilts to the AAQI.

Blog Entries
    Jeanie, both of your quilts are beautiful. Isn't it a good feeling to be done and in some ways, it's like what do I do next. Both have very pretty colors.
    grannyQ
    GrannyQ

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast