Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

DeborahH 01-17-2013 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by CajunBear (Post 5790872)
My dad was from Baton Rouge but I am from Alexandria living in Tioga which is outside of Pineville, La,

Hugs,
CajunCajun

I was raised in Baton Rouge. We lived briefly in Pineville when I was a teenager. My parents are from Marksville. Love, love it there. Small world.

nancia 01-17-2013 12:35 PM

lyn hut-- how bad are the fires now? i thought they were under control. please be careful! we hate to have good quilters needing to sit out due to to any cause other than tired fingers. sending thoughts of strength and faith!

Quiltntime 01-17-2013 01:32 PM

Geez! Thought I would never figure out this block, using the paper pieced method. My brain & eyes are tired. Ha, Ha!

The fabric you picked certainly does not compare to what I have sewn together. You did a fantastic job of picking out just the right prints!

Thanks for your encouraging words..........Your Sis

Lyn Hut 01-17-2013 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5793137)
lyn hut-- how bad are the fires now? i thought they were under control. please be careful! we hate to have good quilters needing to sit out due to to any cause other than tired fingers. sending thoughts of strength and faith!

There is still a few out off control in 4 east states of Australia, I am on what we call a stand down day I have been work 12hr shifts for 4days and then going back to my job for 2days, the weather is not going good for the fire fighter on the ground today and for the next few days tempture is going to be 40 plus (120F) with strong winds.

So while I am off I have all intension to get some sewing project done (if my little grandson will let me).

I am waiting very patiently for the next block.

QUILTINGSINGER 01-17-2013 03:47 PM

The blocks are just gorgeous! I just joined and given that I work two jobs, my quilting time is precious and limited right now. I saved the block directions, pdf's and such so that when I get some spare time in March, I should be able to work it up. I'll likely do it in holiday colors to use up some scraps. I want to make a number of candle mats for neighbors and friends for the coming Christmas.

SulaBug 01-17-2013 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltntime (Post 5793244)
Geez! Thought I would never figure out this block, using the paper pieced method. My brain & eyes are tired. Ha, Ha!

The fabric you picked certainly does not compare to what I have sewn together. You did a fantastic job of picking out just the right prints!

Thanks for your encouraging words..........Your Sis

Hi Sis............I am anxious to see a picture of your block, do you have it almost done yet? :D I just know that it is going to be beautiful, as all of your work is very pristine. Do keep us posted!!
:D :D :D :D

SouthernYankee 01-18-2013 01:34 PM

January 2013 Block of the Month

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone
You have all done a wonderful job with your blocks.
Thanks so much for sharing your pictures.
Here is my first photo contribution to Block of the Month.
I am still getting use to paper piecing but it sure makes for accurate lines.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]388909[/ATTACH]
Thank you for the challenge.
:thumbup:

Difergie 01-18-2013 07:23 PM

Very pretty!

JuanitaBean 01-18-2013 08:04 PM

Looks good!ike all the block that have come in.

ljptexas 01-19-2013 03:20 AM

Those colors are g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s!! Sooooo colorful.