Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

2bsmurphy 01-21-2013 03:37 PM

Whirling Star 2

1 Attachment(s)
Sulabug....Here's my block. I used your foundation PP and it worked out great! I found out that if I started each piece with the triangle, it went sooooo much quicker!! This block, and the others to come, are destined for a king size quilt for my son and daughter-in-law.

patricej 01-21-2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by frenchfryqueen (Post 5801838)
Ooh.. love those colors. I really need to rework my block, I think. I can do better!

i can soooooo relate to that feeling. LOL
i made 12 of them to put into top i'm working on.
there are a few that drive me bonkers to look at.
i feel a bit of unsewing in my immediate future. LOL

but that's the whole point of our theme this year.
stepping forward to new challenges.
proving to ourselves that we can rise to those quilting challenges.

we learn by doing.
me? i learn by doing and re-doing and re-doing some more. LOL

SulaBug 01-22-2013 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by 2bsmurphy (Post 5803224)
Sulabug....Here's my block. I used your foundation PP and it worked out great! I found out that if I started each piece with the triangle, it went sooooo much quicker!! This block, and the others to come, are destined for a king size quilt for my son and daughter-in-law.

WOW!!...........Your block for the January 2013 BOM has turned out gorgeous. I love the color's you chose & the fabric's you put together. They are so pretty. I am glad to hear that it went together easy for you, that is a big accomplishment & I am very proud of your work. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.
:D :D :D :D

Quiltaddiction 01-22-2013 02:36 AM

I'm a bit slow to get started but I have picked some fabric and would like to join in hope to get a block done before February's block :p

Msvelma 01-22-2013 08:28 AM

January BOM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I just joined Quilting Board from Louisiana. This is my attempt at the January BOM. I had trouble deciding on colors but I think these will work.

2bsmurphy 01-22-2013 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Msvelma (Post 5804954)
Hi. I just joined Quilting Board from Louisiana. This is my attempt at the January BOM. I had trouble deciding on colors but I think these will work.

Very beautiful colors!

Andii 01-22-2013 11:07 AM

Msvelma, very pretty block-it reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream.;)

wildyard 01-22-2013 11:47 AM

msvelma, your block is beautiful!!! I loveee your color and your fabrics!!!

nancia 01-22-2013 01:24 PM

welcome, msvelma!! glad you're joining us. you'll love this board! all good people! your block is beautiful so you're off to a flying start!!

Rose Marie 01-22-2013 01:59 PM

I love pink and brown togather.