Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   January 1, 2013 Whirling Start 2 - Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/january-1-2013-whirling-start-2-photos-t209786.html)

Quiltntime 01-05-2013 03:23 PM

January BOM!

Originally Posted by SulaBug (Post 5763215)
Hi Sister.............I am so glad that you will be joining us, as we make these new blocks for 2013!! I just know that you will love doing this with me!! I really like your avatar, very pretty.
:D :D :D :D

I just started gathering my fabric for this BOM. Going to try my first attempt to paper piece. As you said in the past, "It's EASY". Wish to were here to guide me.

judy363905 01-05-2013 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by ameriguat (Post 5764534)
So I did mine again. I wanna go for a theme year quilt, thus being new years. I'm really starting to like this block. :)

Lovely fabrics and a great job on your block :)

Judy in Phx, AZ

jaba 01-05-2013 08:34 PM

Like that New Year's theme, you can use it for the 4th of July too!!

marytoddliz 01-06-2013 04:14 AM

I love that fireworks fabric, it is really pretty!

meanmom 01-06-2013 06:49 AM

I am doing the mystery train stash buster group. I think I will try to use stuff from my stash for this. Since it is supposed to be things out of my comfort zone I think I will use fabrics out of my comfort zone too. I love, love batiks and I think I will try not to put any in this quilt. I have tons of fabric from yard sales and that was given to me. It is all stuff that just isn't my style. Hopefully I will start in a couple of days.

ameriguat 01-06-2013 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5765548)
Like that New Year's theme, you can use it for the 4th of July too!!

Thanks gals. :) I thought about doing that, so depending on what block it is will determine what I do. I found a patriotic section in Mary Jo's that had more 1800 type pics I was thinking about as well.

Jenniky 01-06-2013 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Difergie (Post 5756648)
Here is mine. I looked around my sewing room to decide what color scheme I was going to use and found some civil war fabric I have been wanting to use in a project. So my squares are going to be scrappy civil war....I don't know if civil war is suppose to be scrappy but is going to be in my quilt!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]385354[/ATTACH]
not sure I am in love with these colors...may change...

Your block turned out wonderfully beautiful IMHO. I love it simply said.

Nelco 01-06-2013 01:55 PM

I am going to make my block at my 'paper dolls' group this Tuesday. Looking forward to try something new.

mimiknoxtaylor 01-06-2013 05:17 PM

Here are my January blocks

2 Attachment(s)
I was only going to do 1 block each month but when I saw the pattern for January and that directions were given for PP & traditional I thought I'd do 1 each way.
Well the PP turned out like it should have but the trad. one didn't. Turned those segments every which way & never could get it so it is what it is.

JuanitaBean 01-06-2013 11:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my Jan. block. Thanks SulaBug for are first block had fun doing it. I did the paper piecing one. Ive not done much paper piecing seams are a little thick. How do you not have this happen? Hard to get all the paper out too.What did I do wrong