Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

ShiAnnF 11-19-2012 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat (Post 5667993)
Why on earth would anyone criticise you here? Some of us posted possible colour combinations and asked for feedback, but that isn't criticism. Your colours reflect your taste and so are always perfect!

I am too much of a perfectionist. That is why I say do not criticize my quilting, so I am kind of kidding. Thank you for the kind words on my color matches. You raised my confidence

ShiAnnF 11-19-2012 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5668076)

ShiAnnF ......... I like your colors, love sunflowers! you have the little red clips....aren't they great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]377610[/ATTACH]
here is one of everything so far.....now to put them back in there/their little baggies

Yes I love the little red clips they are so handy. I love your colors, they look so bright, when I first saw them I said W O W. Thank you for the compliments.

coopah 11-19-2012 03:57 PM

So, Judy, not trying to cheat (much) or anything, but is it possible to get the amount of each fabric we should have left for the next clue? Today the drivers were NUTS. So if I need more fabric (there isn't much left of a couple of them), I'll be out braving the crazy drivers anyway and would go see if the LQS has any fabric left.

Sunliten, Your notebook is a good idea...then I'd probably forget where I put it. :-)
Marybeth, those fabrics are hard to tell apart. Nice match.
SewNso, good luck with the hubby and the outpatient procedure. Let us know how it goes.

OK...I think I'll try #843 and see how much I can goof it up!

ShiAnnF 11-19-2012 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by ShiAnnF (Post 5667960)
This is what I am working with. When you come to my house you will read my sign before entering my house. Criticising my quilting is not allowed. I am not very good at picking out colors for quilting yet.

I forgot to say the material that looks black is not black, but a dark, green. Old Age, forgetfulness, mistakes, no not me just, oh I forgot what I was going to say. he, he.

marytoddliz 11-19-2012 04:40 PM

I am planning to, the past two years I planned to go and my Mom got ill and I had to go to Oregon, so I will keep my fingers Crossed! She has COPD and my sister lives near her but when my sister goes on Vacation I get to go to Oregon to help with Mom. But we have invited Mom down for Christmas, so I figure all she really wants to do is see us! Took care of that problem!

But I want to go to the show in Glendale? My Quilting group is going to a lot of shows in 2013 I am sure we will have a chance to meet at at least one of the shows!

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles (Post 5668174)

LOL... are you going to "Road" it is 1/2 way between Crestline and Burbank (I think) we could meet up, I would bring crayon fabric...LOL

paintmejudy 11-19-2012 06:46 PM

Lol -- love your enthusiasm, sunlite!!!!!

paintmejudy 11-19-2012 06:51 PM

Coopah, the only thing you will need fabric for is a thin sashing.

haylillan 11-19-2012 07:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
i finally got strips sewn and cut

Elisabrat 11-20-2012 12:03 AM

HEY dont forget me! I have been waiting and waiting for my fabric to arrive and finally went with what I have. pray with me that its enough :) I have now done the nine patch and have my strips cut for the 45 degree cut strips. just have to sew them. I have tomorrow to get caught up to work on this weeks clue! I am 'clueless' on what the final product will be. i keep guessing then second guessing. It sure is fun however. I will happily jump on another train. I like that this was user friendly judy. One that is simple enough all can play. Not a lot of points!! I dread points. Thanks for keeping us guessing :)

coopah 11-20-2012 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5668559)
Coopah, the only thing you will need fabric for is a thin sashing.

YAY!! I can do that!! I made a couple of "boo boo" cuts and was hoping there would be enough left for the next step. Thanks, Judy! Now I can get home more quickly today and not have to go far on this crazy shopping weekend. Thanks for your help. :thumbup: :thumbup: