Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/judys-3rd-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t203100.html)

nancia 10-22-2012 11:34 PM

wow! i don't know when y'all have time to sew with all the chatting and eating! for some reason i'm always several pages behind! i have ordered my fabric, and hopefully it will arrive soon! it is all polka dots. i have had it in my mind to do an all dotty quilt as well as a polka dot and stripes quilt. read judy's advice against stripes so this one will be called " seeing spots". is there a reason people don't use all polka dots? we may have the answer in several weeks.:D
as for the dogs having beds, i have been saving scraps too. my dogs prefer their own blankets (one per dog per room) and the cats will sleep anywhere near me they can. i have put a window bed to my right as i sew and simon likes it very much, but has trouble navigating the route through the plastic boxes (my lame attempt at organizing). he is now 20 and not as nimble as he was once, but twice as loud. ah yes, a door closes, a window opens.
i hope to get my fabric this week. i ordered from nicoleanne's and i hope they are prompt. i don't want to get too far behind! let's have a barbeque one day! i'll bring texas brisket and country ribs, and cases of longneck lonestar, or shiners. who will bring potatoes and beans, corn on the cob, and dessert?;)

SunlitenSmiles 10-23-2012 04:15 AM

Marybeth so glad you posted....that horrible accident on your road yesterday....kept telling myself you were in an airplane not a car....not sure myself believed me. ((((HUGS))))

Jenniky 10-23-2012 05:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Drove an hour and half to Hancocks Fabrics hoping to find a different selection of blues to bring home came home with three new blues and lots more fabric to add to my stash. Here are the combinations I came up with. These blues are being so difficult ... how are these combinations?..or shall I go shopping again via internet. I worry that If I purchase based on pictures on the computer the shades might not be true if I try to purchase from online.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371873[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371874[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]371875[/ATTACH]

The last picture is of alternate fabrics that match. The difference in the white fabric from the one I have in the grouping is it is a flower print and does not have any silver running through it like the two main fabrics Im trying to work with. Comments and suggestions always welcome. :thumbup:

What do you think Judy will any of the new blue combinations work well? Thanks again for your time and input. :)

coopah 10-23-2012 06:23 AM

Jenniky, love all your fabrics! Blues are a fav of mine. Picture 2 is what I'd choose. Wonder what Judy thinks? She's the expert on this trip for sure! Any choice will work.

Cindy60545 10-23-2012 06:24 AM

Jenniky, I like #2 the best.

grammy of 6 10-23-2012 06:31 AM

Jenniky, You certainly have an eye for color. Both of your choices are beautiful.
And, glad to have you back!

Pam H 10-23-2012 06:39 AM

Jenniky, I think if you switched your A and F fabrics in group 1 you would have the contrast we need. Whatever you do, don't get rid of that awesome paisley!

Jenniky 10-23-2012 06:59 AM

Coopah, Cindy... that is two solid votes for group Number #2 :thumbup: I was worried the combination had too much navy blue..but we will see what Judy thinks. :)
Grammy of 6. thanks Im glad to be back also; Im on the fence with you on the two groups I like them but am not seeming to lean more towards one or the other.
Pam I can see where the grouping you are suggesting would be great unfortunately I only have a yard of the F so am forced to only be able to use it as E or F. :/

SunlitenSmiles 10-23-2012 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5605577)
wow! i don't know when y'all have time to sew with all the chatting and eating! for some reason i'm always several pages behind! i have ordered my fabric, and hopefully it will arrive soon! it is all polka dots. i have had it in my mind to do an all dotty quilt as well as a polka dot and stripes quilt. read judy's advice against stripes so this one will be called " seeing spots". is there a reason people don't use all polka dots? we may have the answer in several weeks.:D
as for the dogs having beds, i have been saving scraps too. my dogs prefer their own blankets (one per dog per room) and the cats will sleep anywhere near me they can. i have put a window bed to my right as i sew and simon likes it very much, but has trouble navigating the route through the plastic boxes (my lame attempt at organizing). he is now 20 and not as nimble as he was once, but twice as loud. ah yes, a door closes, a window opens.
i hope to get my fabric this week. i ordered from nicoleanne's and i hope they are prompt. i don't want to get too far behind! let's have a barbeque one day! i'll bring texas brisket and country ribs, and cases of longneck lonestar, or shiners. who will bring potatoes and beans, corn on the cob, and dessert?;)

Well, Nanica, we do save a lot of time with the eating = more time for piecing

GrammaMary 10-23-2012 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my AB HST
sewed all this morning now need to finish lunch and leave for work.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]371917[/ATTACH]