Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   New To Forum Information on BOM please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-forum-information-bom-please-t160439.html)

sampson001 10-14-2011 02:17 PM

I am newish to the forum and was wondering how I go about becoming involved in the block of the month and what it entails?

I thought it may be interesting to join this group.

Judy

Rose L 10-14-2011 02:20 PM

Judy, someone will be along shortly to answer your question. I just wanted to say Hi and Welcome from Nebraska!

Susie Quilter 10-14-2011 02:54 PM

Judy, I also will wait for someone else to answer your question because I am not doing these BOM's yet.....will later.
Hello and welcome from the Arkansas Ozarks.
Happy quilting.

ckcowl 10-14-2011 03:19 PM

each month someone posts a new block for that month- you check the link- down load the pattern- make the block- there are discussion groups in case you have any problems- and i think they show pictures of their blocks too-
there are a few different ones going on.
if you do one of Rhonda's she will send you templates needed =
some are people working on a particular quilt (like the farmers wife quilt) and sewing-chatting helping each other get through it.
look through the list check the blocks and decide which one you would like to participate in ... and jump right in :)

hobbykat1955 10-14-2011 03:32 PM

I belong to two on this site...both stated the beginning of the yr. and conclude at the end.
One is "Houses" the other "Baltimore Quilt Blocks"

On the hses 12 diff people select a block representing a type of hse...i.e. outhse, school hse, barns, farmhse etc... they can be regular template piecing and cutting or Paper Piecing (my favorite)
Balt quilt blocks posted by one person each mth.

You do them in your leisure and hope not to lag behind. Post pictures of your sq each mth so everyone can see your intepetation and it also gives others who haven't started ideas to steal...so much fun..no pressure if you fall behind or out no one knows.
So ck out more recent ones and join up

BeverlyH 10-15-2011 05:05 AM

I also have wondered how to get involved. I'd love to get in a group. Thanks for posting.

JeannieBobbin 10-15-2011 06:56 AM

I love the block of month I see here but I am not quite good enough at piecing to do some of them yet. Or is there a beginners BoM club I missed? If not would love to see one get started. I'd be willing to help out if someone else has tips how to do it and be consistant.

sampson001 10-15-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by JeannieBobbin
I love the block of month I see here but I am not quite good enough at piecing to do some of them yet. Or is there a beginners BoM club I missed? If not would love to see one get started. I'd be willing to help out if someone else has tips how to do it and be consistant.

Yes, a beginners BOM would be good.

sampson001 10-15-2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
each month someone posts a new block for that month- you check the link- down load the pattern- make the block- there are discussion groups in case you have any problems- and i think they show pictures of their blocks too-
there are a few different ones going on.
if you do one of Rhonda's she will send you templates needed =
some are people working on a particular quilt (like the farmers wife quilt) and sewing-chatting helping each other get through it.
look through the list check the blocks and decide which one you would like to participate in ... and jump right in :)

Thanks for this info, I have an idea on how it works now, will wait till someone contacts me to do one.

sampson001 10-15-2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Judy, someone will be along shortly to answer your question. I just wanted to say Hi and Welcome from Nebraska!

Hi Rose, Hi from Australia, and thanks for the info.
Judy