Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

Pattia 06-16-2012 07:35 PM

ooops! Have to get booted off the train for dozing. I went to start tonight (was delayed by newbie-ness and didn't have the sashing colour yet decided) and just realized that I better double check my A, B, C size of pieces. Yep, you guessed it. A and B are only 39-40 inches not 1 1/4 yard as needed. As I can't afford to go to my not so LQS, I will have to disembark and wave goodbye. Darn, I was hoping to do a Christmas table top. Let me know if you just overestimated by any chance? or do you need ever inch of that 1/4 yard???SIGH!
:eek::shock:

Sauki1 06-16-2012 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pattia (Post 5294666)
ooops! Have to get booted off the train for dozing. I went to start tonight (was delayed by newbie-ness and didn't have the sashing colour yet decided) and just realized that I better double check my A, B, C size of pieces. Yep, you guessed it. A and B are only 39-40 inches not 1 1/4 yard as needed. As I can't afford to go to my not so LQS, I will have to disembark and wave goodbye. Darn, I was hoping to do a Christmas table top. Let me know if you just overestimated by any chance? or do you need ever inch of that 1/4 yard???SIGH!
:eek::shock:

Pattia....Scrappy maybe? Might be a way to salvage all your hard work. :)

kd7kyo 06-16-2012 08:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
okay i have gotten step 3 done and step 4 needs to be sew together =) i am happy wit the layout!!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]342616[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]342617[/ATTACH]

dotcomdtcm 06-17-2012 04:41 AM

Mq2

1 Attachment(s)
Judy, This is really nice. Did you say you are posting the next clues early?
WE all must send you a big hug and a sweet gift. Do you like chcolate?!

PokerDiva 06-17-2012 05:00 AM

Everyone's looks so wonderful. I have my rows marked just need to sew together. Hope to post a pic soon.

stefanib123 06-17-2012 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm (Post 5295097)
Judy, This is really nice. Did you say you are posting the next clues early?
WE all must send you a big hug and a sweet gift. Do you like chcolate?!

Oooh, love the dark background! Its making the parts that recede on mine stand out on this one! Nice!

Soo glad we'll be finishing early! I will be able to get it quilted before vacation!

stefanib123 06-17-2012 05:18 AM

This has been so much fun! Its great seeing everyone's versions, makes me want to do 10 more!

I will definitely do more mystery quilts!

Thank you Judy, for doing this! I agree you deserve gifts!

paintmejudy 06-17-2012 05:20 AM

All I can say is WOW - Cindy, heylillian, and Dotty, your tops are stunning. Good job!!!

Pattia, the 1-1/4 yard was a bit generous. Can't remember how generous, but I would say go for it -- if you don't have quite enough after you have made the half square triangles that make up the center medallion and the pieces from clue 3 posted on June 2nd, you can always add some other fabrics for the piano key segments posted on June 9th. The piano keys would look fine with different colors added in.

And yes, the final parts will be posted next Saturday. There will be nothing posted on June 30th as originally planned.

paintmejudy 06-17-2012 05:23 AM

oops kd7, yours is a WOW too. Sorry I missed yours.

Pattia 06-17-2012 06:24 AM

thanks Judy, I may just try it. Already I goofed and had to use what I was thinking was D for the sashing instead, and use the patterned fabric for C instead as well. I messed up big time and hope it still turns out. I have lots of Christmas fabby so can add in on the edges
maybe I will give it a try. definitely mine will be different. lol
Patti