Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

kd7kyo 06-17-2012 08:15 AM

i love your colors the block looks awesome!!!!

Originally Posted by dabbler312 (Post 5295563)
Wow - I love all the variety of fabrics chosen for this mystery trip - ladies you have done a spectacular job; I just finished with my step 5. I don't have a design wall so it doesn't fit completely in the photo. This went together so nicely that I just might have to do another in 30's feedsacks or with some black and whites.

Cindy60545 06-17-2012 08:32 AM

I tell you what gang, all these quilts are looking pretty awesome! Can't wait to see the rest of the troops post theirs! And we get the final clues next Saturday! WooHoo! We can finish them early! Now, how to quilt it??

PokerDiva 06-17-2012 09:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just have to say I am just loving the ones with the dark backgrounds. I think I may have to do another that way. Here is mine.

paintmejudy 06-17-2012 09:10 AM

debquilts and dabbler, those are striking! Love the drama of your colors.

kd7, love the way yours turned out. So pretty.

Florence, your top is beautiful! Love the colors you chose. And Florence, I agree with you, those ones with the dark background and bright colors are striking.

debquilts2 06-17-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5295847)

Florence, your top is beautiful! Love the colors you chose. And Florence, I agree with you, those ones with the dark

background and bright colors are striking.

thanks Judy

pdcakm 06-17-2012 09:13 AM

here i sit with mouth agape. what beautiful work you all do. as each one is revealed i say ooh and aah, that is my favorite. then the next comes along and gets the same reaction. you are all my favorites. can't wait until monday so i can get mine caught up.

enjoy father's day everyone.

chefbwarner 06-17-2012 09:40 AM

Omg, I love them all, dark backgrounds, lights, batiks, scrappy. Just wonderful. I have my grand dd here today and she's sort of hogging the sewing machine. lol She's making her mom a table runner and placemats to match. I could have moved her to a different machine but this little one was the easiest for her to wrangle. And, believe me, it doesn't pay to use one machine and change off. Will most likely get mine done after the race and kids go home. Love em all, just love em. kids and quilts

dabbler312 06-17-2012 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5295847)

Florence, your top is beautiful! Love the colors you chose. And Florence, I agree with you, those ones with the dark background and bright colors are striking.

Thank you Judy - also thank you for doing this mystery for us - I look forward to participating in another one - this has been an awesome journey for a first mystery and I'm lovin it. All the quilts look just spectacular; does anyone have a suggestion on what to do for the quilting?

paintmejudy 06-17-2012 10:19 AM

I just saw 4 PMs in my mailbox from people who found the thread but cannot find the rest of the directions. The posting numbers are listed below for those who need them. Hope this helps.

OK, so you found the first one.
2nd is posting #383 on 5/26
3rd is # 610 and 611 on 6/2
4th is #771 on 6/9
5th is #959 on 6/16
6th is # 959 postd yesterday, 6/16
I cannot tell you what page, everyone sets their pages differently, but you can find it by paging to to correct posting number.

JeanieG 06-17-2012 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine, just waiting to be sewn together! Everyone has done a great job, great mystery Judy!