Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/new-mystery-quilt-train-ride-hop-board-anytime-t188477.html)

urgodschild2 06-17-2012 10:39 AM

I was totally challenged on putting it together and had to have my son come and help me. I am now sewing them together. Will post a picture real soon. I love how everyone's is turning out. So beautiful.

Cindy60545 06-17-2012 10:44 AM

Mystery almost solved?

1 Attachment(s)
Here's what I think is the outcome, minus the sashing. I changed a couple of the last clue pieces before I sewed it to make it more balanced also.

Cindy60545 06-17-2012 10:50 AM

oh! If you're wondering about the funny flying geese next to the mystery, it's a sample of the 1 seam flying geese that I'm putting together to do a class on. I also found out another thing to do with them...cathedral windows! Am doing a sample of that one too.
Dappler....I really like the orange & black! It really shines! I've got a ton of orange that now I'm thinking of doing this pattern with.

jcrow 06-17-2012 11:03 AM

I can't believe how Cindy60545's quilt looks 3D. It's amazing. I noticed quite a few of them looked 3D. I just found this thread today and am going to start making this quilt. Had to cheat and read ahead. Wow! This looks so fun!

kd7kyo 06-17-2012 01:12 PM

thank you judy!!! This is my first mystery quilt ever done. I like how it came out!!

Originally Posted by paintmejudy (Post 5295847)
debquilts and dabbler, those are striking! Love the drama of your colors.

kd7, love the way yours turned out. So pretty.

Florence, your top is beautiful! Love the colors you chose. And Florence, I agree with you, those ones with the dark background and bright colors are striking.

Caroline S 06-17-2012 06:01 PM

Every block I have seen is wonderful. No favorites, all are spectacular. I had to jump off the train this weekend to finish planting the garden but will hop back on board in the morning for breakfast. What kind of goodies will I find? I love the mystery pattern and may do another quilt with multiple blocks. Hmmm, the Mystery Train wheels are a turning in my brain. Thanks Judy for a wonderful train ride and am looking forward to the next Mystery.:thumbup:

Pam H 06-17-2012 07:15 PM

I'm caught up with the reading and printing out the clues.....not with my sewing. I picked up a quilt from the LA today and am working on the binding. Must have it finished to take to my mom next weekend. Then I will get to work on the mystery quilt. I have only done step 2. They are all turning out so nice. I can't wait to see mine.
My dd came today to live with us for awhile. She starts her new job as a pharmacist tomorrow. Her hubby comes for an interview on tues and will hopefully get this job in our area. She just found out yesterday that she is pregnant. Yes, I am going to have my first grandchild next February. It is a secret since she is only 1 month along but I know all of you will not tell. Shhh!

marytoddliz 06-17-2012 07:39 PM

Ok I am in, anything with Johnny has me on board! he is the cutest!

Originally Posted by PokerDiva (Post 5281154)
I tend to think he would look like Johnny Depp. Yes Sir Eee.

marytoddliz 06-17-2012 08:10 PM

I love the Carpenters Star, Never saw it coming and I just finished one about 3 months ago for a baby quilt. I am late with this weeks clue, but so glad to be able to catch up sometime tomorrow. We had a yard sale this weekend! I sold a lot of fabric! One mans trash is another's treasure! Most of the fabric I sold was not cotton, and I sold some cutouts from the 80's. Pre-printed Vests and a few dolls. We had a good time and got rid of a lot of extra stuff we did not need!

Cindy60545 06-17-2012 11:15 PM

Marybeth, I didn't see this one coming either & I have a Carpenter Star on my longarm right now being quilted!