Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Obsessed 09-04-2011 04:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you ladies!

Deecee, I hope you're husband is doing OK. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Please remember to take good care of yourself too!

Here is Virginia's Snowballs. I didn't like Facets of Jenn and I don't like Virginia's Snowballs. So there. I do like the fact that this leaves me with only THREE more blocks to go!

Virginia's Snowballs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251547[/ATTACH]

np3 09-04-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Obsessed
Thank you ladies!

Deecee, I hope you're husband is doing OK. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Please remember to take good care of yourself too!

Here is Virginia's Snowballs. I didn't like Facets of Jenn and I don't like Virginia's Snowballs. So there. I do like the fact that this leaves me with only THREE more blocks to go!

The deciding factor will be how they all look together! That's when I make up my mind. This is a nice looking block as well. But not as stunning as the other one!

Deecee 09-04-2011 11:06 PM

Your Snowball block looks lovely Lara, but I must confess that Facets of Jen was not a favourite of mine.

DH has improved since being admitted again so hopefully that will continue.

jtquilts 09-05-2011 05:11 AM

Deecee, thinking of you and DH. I am sorry to hear of his hospital visit again. Lara, your blocks are lovely. I echo all that has been said by the others! Our daughters left this morning early to go back home. It is bittersweet letting them go, again. But, we had a wonderful time.

np3 09-05-2011 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
Your Snowball block looks lovely Lara, but I must confess that Facets of Jen was not a favourite of mine.

DH has improved since being admitted again so hopefully that will continue.

I sure hope things improve on a permanent basis for him.

jtquilts 09-05-2011 12:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't sure if I would be doing any sewing today but, I did work on Barb's Spinning Star . . . . whoever Barb is, I have her star!

I just went back to see y'all's Spinning Stars and Wow! They are gorgeous, I think I am glad I am showing all on my own! Lara, talk about glowing~ I just know all of the quilts are going to be a wonder!

Deecee 09-05-2011 01:36 PM

Great block Judith - love that red/orange batik.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts for DH.

jtquilts 09-06-2011 01:08 PM

I have been in a funky mood since Monday morning early when our 2 DD's left after a 3 1/2 day visit. I did launder their bed linens and remade the beds but, I was wandering about looking for something to sew. I did make the block yesterday and posted it. This morning I was washing my bed linens and decided today was the day to make the dust ruffle for my bed that I have had for two years! It didn't take too long and it looks good. Just now I looked ahead on the PH blocks and they certainly look harder! I have noticed that the hard looking ones in the past haven't been hard when you got into them . . . . but, the last ones look darn hard! I imagine it is my mood talking.

Deecee 09-06-2011 02:24 PM

Definitely your mood talking. :D

The later blocks might have more pieces but not really any harder if you just take it one piece at a time.

Obsessed 09-06-2011 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jtquilts
I wasn't sure if I would be doing any sewing today but, I did work on Barb's Spinning Star . . . . whoever Barb is, I have her star!

I don't know who Barb is either, but you'd better hide that star... if she sees it she'll want it back! Love it and love the rich colors.