Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 11-12-2011 01:45 PM

I love that jt. - it has a more relaxed style than LBB.

Four days at retreat sounds wonderful, especially the no cooking and cleaning side.

Deecee 11-19-2011 12:54 PM

Just checking in to see if anyone has been here.

jtquilts 11-20-2011 03:00 PM

Hello, I just arrived home from taking a quick trip with my mother and aunt and brother to see my uncle for possibly the last time on this earth. We left Thursday and returned today and it was a very good trip in spite of the circumstances.

Deecee 11-20-2011 11:23 PM

Hi jt - Glad you had a good trip (sort of).

Can you tell me what type of applique is used in your Quilting in the Garden book.

jtquilts 11-20-2011 11:42 PM

The Quilt the Garden book suggests needle turn applique. I learned needle turn many years ago and love it. At the first quilt retreat I attended I was shown a machine applique technique that I have used several times (the one I used for my PH blocks) and I do enjoy that technique, too. I do think I will do needle turn on this project, though.

Deecee 11-20-2011 11:52 PM

I've been having a bit of a look around for the book. I think it is a nice and relaxed looking garden theme.

I prefer hand applique to machine but have been using freezer paper technique on the AOTH blocks. I like to have some hand work to do of an evening watching TV with DH. Mind you I have heaps of AOTH still to do.

jtquilts 11-22-2011 01:20 AM

I have seen several posts of different AOTH squares and I do admire them . . . . . I just haven't been bitten! I have enough projects started for now. My SIL and I were asked to go through my mother's quilting room and clear it out a year or so ago. We shared several little projects and I have some of my own so I don't lack things to do! I have completed some from time to time so there is progress!

jtquilts 11-22-2011 01:22 AM

I have noticed your avatar often and never asked about it. Tell me about the adorable picture!

Deecee 11-22-2011 02:14 AM

I assume you are talking about my Moppet. She is a 13 year old Lhasa Apso/Maltese cross. Beautiful natured little girl. When we bought her and were deciding on a name my DH said that she looked just like a pet mop as she was so fluffy as a puppy, so she was named Moppet.

She likes to lie on the couch with her chin on the armrest and watch whatever I am doing.

jtquilts 11-22-2011 03:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
My DB and SIL have a maltese that loves me to pieces . . . . . because I have 3 yorkies and he always smells them on me! My SIL did explain to me that maltese were bred to be adoring lapdogs and Pancho certainly fits the bill! I am looking for pictures of our three yorkies.

I didn't know the pictures would be sooooo BIG!