Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

jtquilts 11-03-2011 04:03 AM

I have been wandering around, too! I am hoping to find my way and begin to feel familiar with the new format!

Jupiter 11-03-2011 08:51 AM

New babies and Christmas projects... sounds like wonderful stuff happening here!

I am still working on getting my 12" PH blocks turned into a king sized quilt for my DD and SIL for Christmas. I am machine quilting it in sections on my Janome. ... sure wish I had a nice long arm machine with cruise control! But not $20,000 worth, lol... I'll post a photo when I get it done. So far I have the first 1/4 of it quilted.

I am not liking this new format either... but I suppose by next month we won't even remember what it was that we didn't like about it. "Everything is hard at first, then it becomes easy." (quote from an old college professor... applies to a lot in life) That is about it for me....

hugs, Jupiter

Obsessed 11-03-2011 12:01 PM

Oh my, I am so glad that you ladies found this thread and posted to it so that I could find it! I can't find anything right now! I'm sure it will just take some time, but it is really frustrating to have all your favorites disappear!

Jupiter, I can't wait to see your quilt when it is finished! Or even as a work in progress. Pictures please!

jtquilts 11-03-2011 05:29 PM

Jupiter, I can't wait to see your quilt when it is finished! Or even as a work in progress. Pictures please![/QUOTE]

Me, too!

Jupiter 11-03-2011 09:02 PM

Ok, so you twisted my arm, lol! I love dragging out my camera to take shots of the "newest addition"...

This is the 12" block set I made ... most of the block using PH... some from other source patterns. I set the blocks on point, and am quilting it myself on my Janome. It will be quilted in 4 sections, then the sections will be joined, etc. These photos are the front and back of the first section. My quilting is shakey at best, but I figure by the time I get this king sized baby done, I'll be much better at it.

hugs, Jupiter

Jupiter 11-03-2011 09:12 PM

I don't know how to up load my photos.... here I sit.... poking buttons .... hope I didn't accidently join anything ... 2 photos to post.... hmmmm. .. . ..

Jupiter 11-03-2011 09:15 PM

Then my next post didn't show up at all... but I cannot see where to upload photos... so I'll keep looking. meantime, you will just have to pretend you saw my photos!

hugs, Jup

jtquilts 11-04-2011 02:49 AM

I will keep looking and thanks for trying!

Deecee 11-04-2011 04:38 AM

Wow Jup that's beautiful.

(Now no-one really knows if I saw something that they didn't.) (I'd put a smilie here if I could find one.)

Jupiter 11-04-2011 07:26 PM

I found the spot! I think....

2 Attachment(s)
I think I replied to a thread, then went down that page to "manage something-or-other", and it let me upload my 2 photos. I also found the happy faces.... yeah!

I am quilting using Superior's King Tut thread, 40wt cotton, blue and yellow repeat every inch or so.

hugs,
Jupiter