Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   Penny Haren's "Pieced Applique "... 1 block a week begins January 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/penny-harens-%22pieced-applique-%22-1-block-week-begins-january-2011-a-t77062.html)

Deecee 10-30-2011 11:50 PM

Double post.

Obsessed 10-31-2011 03:09 AM

Hi Deecee! I have missed this thread!

I have nothing to report really, I've tested out my border and sashing fabrics, but I haven't really started to put it together yet. I've been panicking about Christmas, and getting distracted by my other quilt-alongs! Hopefully November will see me finishing up my gift quilts quickly and then I can focus on Penny again.

Deecee 10-31-2011 03:37 AM

I haven't been doing much myself. The only thing I am up to date with is the House BOM, but that is only one block per month.

I have been too busy with new grand-daughter (4 months old) and AS WE SPEAK my DD is in labour.

Was going to spend tomorrow sewing (it's a public holiday here and I don't have to work) but looks as though I will be visiting DD and new baby.

jtquilts 10-31-2011 05:55 AM

Hello, Girls! I have missed everyone, too! Deecee, thoughts and prayers for your daughters safe delivery. I treasure the 'first' meetings of all of our grands. Lara, I can just imagine you working feverishly on your Christmas projects.

DH and I had a very nice week at the ocean. We had a nice mix of relaxing and sightseeing. But, of course, vacations are for getting back to routine happily and it certainly worked for me!

I have been giving my PH project alot of thought but haven't worked on it since I spoke of it last. A friend had a wallhanging/lap quilt kit that she did not know how to do and instead of selling it I offered to make it for her. I loved working on it. It is pieced and I will get together this week to discuss quilting it. I don't have Christmas projects planned other than maybe making some of the quirky foldy tree shaped napkins. Don't you love my descriptive words?

Obsessed 10-31-2011 07:23 AM

Good luck to your DD, Deecee! I hope everything goes well and you are holding that new grandbaby soon!

Deecee 10-31-2011 01:23 PM

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

Baby boy, Elijah, 8lbs 4ozs born 1.12a.m. on 1.11.2011.

Both doing well although DD requires surgery this morning for some repair work.

Obsessed 10-31-2011 06:36 PM

Congratulations Deecee and welcome Elijah!

jtquilts 11-01-2011 03:12 AM

Hello! to Elijah! Hoping surgery goes well with DD.

Deecee 11-01-2011 03:40 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

He's a cutie and pleased to say DD is progressing. She required reconstructive surgery and we won't know how successful it was for a while yet.

Deecee 11-03-2011 03:59 AM

O.K. I have been wandering around and found this thread again - will continue looking around.